Miniature "slideshow" within a single image container
Forgive me if this has been addressed but is there any way to allow multiple images to be presented within a single image container?

For instance, I have music albums that I have made multiple covers for and I'd rather not choose one over the other. Is there any way the images within a given folder could transition from one to another automatically inside of the container used to view those images?

I name each image Folder.jpg, Folder2.jpg, Folder3.jpg, etc. and of course XBMC shows Folder.jpg properly but is there any way that when a folder/ file is selected the pictures could transition from one to another? Basically it would function like the background of Aeon's main menu but would be confined to viewing music albums. Of course if this is possible I suppose it could also be used with movie posters. This way you could have multiple movie posters for any movie and the container could transition between them.

And before anyone asks, I've already combined multiple album covers into a single image and it looks fine but I figured a miniature slideshow would allow more flexibility for people with loads of music.
You mean a multiimage control?

Ofcourse - see the skinning manual.

It doesn't work inside a container (list/panel etc.) though, but you can ofcourse place it outside.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks, I kept searching but couldn't find anything. I guess I just needed to know what jargon to use.

Basically I would like a miniature slideshow to start when you highlight a folder/ file when browsing your music collection. Whether it's the Big Icon view in PMIII or the List view in Aeon. Different skins have different views for albums of course but a miniature slideshow when highlighting something is the gist of my post.
At first I thought this wouldn't be possible but if you use $INFO[Container.FolderPath] in the <imagepath> tag of a multiimage. This will only work right in the album's actual folder. Check out http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Category:Skin_Development specifically multiimage control.

JB
$INFO[ListItem.FilePath] (or whatever it is) will work for highlighting albums. Container.FolderPath will work inside a folder with images - it really depends exactly what you are after.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Cool. Didn't know about that infolabel. How do you go about getting privilege to edit the wiki? I have noticed a few things missing through my coding.
@ jzbruno, it says in the wiki. but now that you ask, pm me your wiki username and I'll Ninja u. Thanks

I think I should explain my idea a bit more. It's basically taking the background image fading/ transition in the main menu of PMIII and Aeon but restricting it to a smaller area within a view.

For example, when looking through your music using Aeon's List view you highlight a folder with multiple albums (folders) inside, each with their own cover image. I would like those images to transition between each other inside of the image "box" to the right, so to speak.

This way if you have multiple albums from an artist inside a folder when you highlight that folder you can see what all albums are in the folder.

Am I making more sense now? Laugh
Yes, and I thought I was as well. You cannot use a multiimage control within a view container.

You can, however, use it outside the container (and this can be over the top of the container if you want, or somewhere else on screen, though anim issues will cause you some problems aligning it if you want it over the top of the container).

If the image "box" is outside the list (as with aeon's list view?) then it's probably doable in some sense. If it's inside, then it's probably not doable. It's also unlikely to be added to be honest.

Note that the multiimage control needs the path to the images - it cannot and will not traverse directories recursively.

I didn't mean to imply you weren't making sense jmarshall. I just wasn't sure I had explained myself enough. Wink Afterall I don't know the actual terminology so I wasn't sure if my idea was clear.

I only asked because I have a lot of music with multiple albums from an artist. It would be a nifty feature to be able to highlight a folder with multiple albums inside and have the skin automatically show the different cover images so you can easily see what all albums are contained.

When I get a better grasp of skinning perhaps I can try some type of mod to allow this. However makeshift it may be. Laugh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Miniature "slideshow" within a single image container0