Android Sony Android TV remote and context menu?
Hello

I am using latest Kodi on a Sony Android TV

I have added a source and now I would like to edit the source.

How would i pull out the option to edit the source on the Sony remote? I tried every button but no luck.

Edit

Here is a video i found which talks about the context menu i want to pull out

https://youtu.be/s8vLPa7OHLM
hmm..... Isn't the title of the video pretty self-explanatory?
Maybe try to look the Addon already in the Kodi that act as Game Controller.
Once I disabled it Context menu worked for me with Himedia Device.
Yeah apparently it is self explanatory .. at the time of writing this topic and finding the youtube video I was away for a few days from the tv and remote so I couldn't try it

Another thing was long pressing a button on a tv remote is a bit unusual so i didnt think of trying it, but it does work !

Long pressing the center OK/Enter button on the tv remote brings out the context menu.

I hope this topic should help others in future.
I love the longpress feature.
When it was introduced i remember instantly switching to Jarvis.
Long pressing of the 'OK' button doesn't work for me. I'm running a fresh install of OSMC with Kodi 17.6 and using the TV remote through CEC.
TV is a Sony KD55XF8096. Long pressing the 'OK' button acts as if I repeatedly press it.
I have an external keyboard attached and if I long press 'Enter' I do get the context menu, so I suppose it's an issue with the remote.
Is there anything I can do about that?
Use sony remote with 'option button'..
Its function as context menu.
(2018-11-28, 00:43)alkalined Wrote: Long pressing of the 'OK' button doesn't work for me. I'm running a fresh install of OSMC with Kodi 17.6 and using the TV remote through CEC.
TV is a Sony KD55XF8096. Long pressing the 'OK' button acts as if I repeatedly press it.
I have an external keyboard attached and if I long press 'Enter' I do get the context menu, so I suppose it's an issue with the remote.
Is there anything I can do about that?

Yes! Double tap the ok button when paused and you see the time-bar 😀. Found out by accident.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony Android TV remote and context menu?0