0.4.5 Increased Crashing ?
Are you sure its not just buffering at the start of the second file of a stacked movie? The only hi-def stuff I have is ripped by me as a single file so I can't check but xbmc does say "buffering" at the start of it. I'm guessing but it would follow that it was doing that at the start of every file so you would get it mid movie if the movie is in 2 parts
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
doug324 Wrote:hello, I am new to the board, and new to xbmc as well as a new mac user.
I have a mini mac c2d, 1gig ram and whenever i am in the middle of watching a movie (1080P MKV} the movie pauses and it says buffering.. how can i fix that..

thanks in dvanced.

Doug

I also use a Mac Mindi 2cd, and get this buffering message and pause even when running a SD avi-file too!

Sometimes the file even take up to one minute to start. Previous builds did some quick buffering in the beginning, but then none during the feature. I have tried to disable the HD upscaling for SD files, but it still occurs. Strangely enough not on all files.
If you get the buffering message make sure to try playing the file from your local drive...
Ok, I moved the file to my local HDD and it works, so you telling me that I have to move all files or the movies to my local drive in order to stop that buffering ?
strangly enough it doesn't happen all the time, it happens from time to time. I have a 500gb using firewire and it works flawlessly.

Doug
Since all the previous builds worked perfectly without this buffering message for SD files, I dont think the issues I experience are related to that. I did go back to the previous build last night and now all work perfectly, no buffering on SD content, nor HD content. I guess I have to do with that until next build Smile
Check the transfer speed on that drive, etc. Try using a different firewire drive or another firewire port. Buffering means XBMC isn't getting the data fast enough to play seamlessly. My USB 2.0 500GB drive does not give me this buffering message so there shouldn't be any issues playing externally IF the drive is preforming properly.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
0.4.5 Increased Crashing ?0