v18 Constant slight video judder when setting negative audio delay
On my Sony Android TV, I have to set a negative audio delay (“Ahead by 0.225s”) for perfect lip sync. After doing so, I am experiencing a constant slight video judder. Setting audio offset back to 0 immediately resolves the judder.

I tried with Dolby passthrough and PCM audio, PVR (live) and file. The judder issue with the 225ms negative audio delay is always the same.

Player/output stats do not register any drops or repeats. I am attaching a debug log of a playback attempt with such a negative audio delay. The logging might change the video timing though.

[pastebin]
I guess this is an Android specific issue and it's better to post this in the Android section of the forum.
Thread moved to Android section.
I've noticed the same problem on the Nvidia Shield with Leia nightlies. On Krypton I used to use delay of -175 ms for good audio and video sync. With Leia I get the problem that CiNcH described if the delay is bigger than -100 ms. Between 0 ms and -100 ms the playback is fine.
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
(2017-12-16, 21:19)maxtherabbit Wrote: On Krypton I used to use delay of -175 ms for good audio and video sync.

I can confirm that the Krypton based SPMCv17a2 also does not suffer from this problem.

The reduced A/V offset might lead to less frame buffering. Is it somehow possible to increase latency, shifting timestamps more into the future, filling up buffers more?

I can see the issue mainly on high frame rate content, like 720p50 sports broadcasts. I can provide a sample if needed.
Still having this issue. Is there any way to debug video timings in more detail? CTRL+SHIFT+O does not indicate a problem.

Probably @peak3d has an idea?
This build with this commit fixes the issue. Hopefully it will be pulled into official Kodi.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Constant slight video judder when setting negative audio delay0