Xorg.conf / Lightdm issues - really need some help.
Hello,

Rebooted my Zotac-Ion box and no display was the result. This is the 2nd time it has done this and I have been unable to resolve it.

I reinstalled everything from scratch and its been working great for more than a week - until now.

I am concerned that lightdm is not starting, or if it is, it is crashing / stopping straight away. If I use "sudo status lightdm" I get lightdm stop/waiting as the result. I have tried to stop then restart, but on the start cmd "sudo start lightdm" I get failed to intialise job.

The xorg.conf seems fine. It would appear the Ion has rebooted only to a certain point. I can't tell because no output on the TV. However, I cannot get a debug log because it appears that xbmc has not loaded. I can still ssh in.

I really need some help to see if I can figure out why this is doing this?? This system has been working great for many years without issue. Now...the only change is a new TV. (but it has been working fine for months!!!)

Can someone please give my some pointers on what to look for? It would seem the system now doesn't recognise the display or lost its conf for it?? I don't know. It is A Sony KDX9000E.

Here is the last log xbmc produced (its not a debug log) https://pastebin.com/8wS7tGbB

Here are the contents of my xorg.conf file https://pastebin.com/UiDmP28g

Here is the xorg.0.log https://pastebin.com/CC2FkEEc

Much appreciated. Thanks.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Please remove your xorg.conf for testing and make 100% sure the TV is already turned on when you start up lightdm. Your issue has nothing to do with kodi - as xorg itself does not start and complains about no usable screens.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-12-19, 10:34)fritsch Wrote: Please remove your xorg.conf for testing and make 100% sure the TV is already turned on when you start up lightdm. Your issue has nothing to do with kodi - as xorg itself does not start and complains about no usable screens.
 Okay...removed xorg.conf and that did nothing.

I rang Sony to get EDID info (what a major hassle to get in touch with them) and as part of the process they told me to reset the TV (hold power button on remote for at least 10 secs). I did this then rebooted and everything came back as it should.  So...is it the TV (Using Andriod Sad ) or xbmcbuntu causing the problem? The tech (somewhere in Asia and difficult to understand) made some comment about Android that I didn't quite catch (like Android was the problem). Anyway, the TV reset did NOT alter all the TV settings (Thank goodness). Sony support didn't have the EDID info to supply - what a joke!

At least if this becomes a regular occurance I now know how to bring it back. Never had these damn issues with our old TV. Sad

Thanks fritsch for you input. Much appreciated.
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
It's a Sony :-) They killed Linux from the PS3 - they can eat their TVs for breakfast.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xorg.conf / Lightdm issues - really need some help.0