WatchedList.db how to restore
Hello, 

before formatting I've been using the addon and saved as .db and I have tons of versions in .zip 

fresh format and the addon instead of restoring/reading the existing .db it's keeping updating its own 'all unwatched' database ignoring the correct ones.

I even tried to swap the watchedlist.db with one from a old zip file and nothing has changed?

can someone help me?

I basically ran into the same question after looking at the add-on and running it. How does one restore a watchedlist if for some reason all your movies and shows no longer show they have been watched within Kodi?
Section 2.3 should answer your question... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:WatchedList
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Hmmm. I am guessing the answer lies in the last sentence. Lol. A bit tricky to grasp. But I think it is saying in the event that one's library had to be-reloaded, or worse Kodi had to be reloaded with one's library, and that the Watchlist add-on was re-installed [pointing to the same location where it's database is stored] it will automatically re-mark the episodes as watched in the Kodi library.

At least that is what I think it is suggesting in layman's terms. :-)

2.3 Usage
This add-on runs in the background as a service. There is no interaction with the user. The script only gives messages about the current operation
After Startup, the databases are searched for watched-information (Notification 1).
Then newly watched movies and TV episodes are written to the add-on database (Notification 2).
After that, media that is not watched in the Kodi database and was previously marked as watched by the add-on is again marked as watched in Kodi ( Notifications 3 and 4).
Correct. That is what it does. I have done this on my library when I rebuilt it recently.

The other thing you can do is periodically Export the library, which will export the Watched Status, Play Count and Last Played data, and then just use the NFO files. Refresh for individual titles, or Update Library if rebuilding the library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-08-16, 02:12)themusj Wrote: I basically ran into the same question after looking at the add-on and running it. How does one restore a watchedlist if for some reason all your movies and shows no longer show they have been watched within Kodi?
+1 for adding the option to restore view states by an explicit call of this function.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WatchedList.db how to restore0