Ram
I looked around and could not find the answer but does xbmc use the benefits of a computer or does it have the xbox limitations built in?If so if I upgraded an xboxes ram to 128.Could I put on a linux bios port xbmc to linux and use the extra ram that xbmc on an xbox wont?As well as have the ability to kill the dvd drive and use 2 hdd's to create the most possible storage space?.And if this setup is possible is it hard to get the linux port to launch xbmc automaticly when the xbox boots?
XBMC for linux is not made to use on XBOX, it's made for a usual PC with linux on. And running linux on the XBOX is not gonna work with the linux branch.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
This may sound stupid or may not. I have read that you can use linux to launch into windows threw something that was called a bottleneck if I remember correctly it has been awhile since I read it anyhow.If so launching into windows from linux would this make a difference?Could xbmc possible take advantange of the extra ram then as well as handle the hdd upgrade?
Linux can run some Windows programs via WINE or via an emulated environment. An XBOX isn't going to have enough memory and likely not enough CPU to run either very effectively - upgraded or not.

This forum is for an XBMC port to Linux running on consumer grade X86 hardware. Desktop type PCs in other words.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
BLKMGK Wrote:Linux can run some Windows programs via WINE or via an emulated environment. An XBOX isn't going to have enough memory and likely not enough CPU to run either very effectively - upgraded or not.

This forum is for an XBMC port to Linux running on consumer grade X86 hardware. Desktop type PCs in other words.

I knew that just thought it was the only place I could ask that question to get the answer I needed but it seems it will not work.Thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ram0