Solved NFS Setup to KODI
I have a NFS share setup on my iMac to host my media. 

The Sever is running Mac OS 10.13.2, I have setup the NFS trying to follow the guide lines in the wiki. 
I edited the file /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.nfsd.plist in have the -N string option. 
I setup my share with the options -alldirs -mapall=nobody -ro.

I can mount the NFS in my Client mac os 10.13.2 to view the files using the options: nosed, ro, bg, resvport, soft, deadtimeout=0 and can view the shared files in the finder and terminal. 

But when I try to add video sources in Kodi 17.6 get an error "The connection to the remote source could not be established". 

I would like to get NFS up and running for my Android clients to be able to access my Mac Server. 

My Debug log can be found <<REMOVED>>

Let me know if you need any other info. 

AND Thank you for taking the time to help me fix this. 

-=fred=-
The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
(2017-12-30, 10:53)Klojum Wrote: The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Sorry about that. Those addons did not even work correctly. 

Here is my new log with out the addons. 

So I deleted the kodi folder under application support and tried to access my server again by going to Files, add video source, add network location and manually entering in NFS for share type then my servers ip address.  That did not work. 

So on a whim I tired the zeroconfig option and it listed my sever name with (NFS). I selected that and I was able to access my server. 

On my android box there is not even a listing for zeroconfig. Do I need to enable it somewhere?

Thank you again for the help. 

-=fred=-
(2017-12-30, 20:44)fredrogers Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 10:53)Klojum Wrote: The forum moderators have determined that banned addons (wiki) are present on your system. To receive assistance here, these banned items must be removed. If a clean log is not submitted within 3 days, then the relevant post(s) will be removed after this time.
Sorry about that. Those addons did not even work correctly. 

Here is my new log with out the addons. 

So I deleted the kodi folder under application support and tried to access my server again by going to Files, add video source, add network location and manually entering in NFS for share type then my servers ip address.  That did not work. 

So on a whim I tired the zeroconfig option and it listed my sever name with (NFS). I selected that and I was able to access my server. 

On my android box there is not even a listing for zeroconfig. Do I need to enable it somewhere?

Thank you again for the help. 

-=fred=-  
 I deleted the user data on the android box and the zeroconfig browsing on android did not show up.  

So I copied the network address from the working Mac OS setup was using: ie nfs://ip_address:2049/Volumes/Share_Name/TV/

Then I was able to add the share to my kodi library. 

Thank you for the help and hopefully this will help someone in the future. 

-=fred=-
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NFS Setup to KODI0