Issues with built-in container in Kodi Leia
Hi,

I have some trouble to get my addon (Rom Collection Browser) working with new Kodi version Leia.

There seems to be a change in the behaviour of the built-in container in WindowXML. When I add items directly to the built-in container via "self.addItem(listitem)", the list is not shown in my ui. When I add items to my list control via "self.getControl(50).addItem(listitem)", the list is shown again. (I am using the built-in container because I want to be able to provide different viewtypes.)

I have seen the "Changes to the python API" thread and know about the new "setContent()"-method and that I should use "isMedia" in the constructor of my WindowXML. But all this does not solve my issue, so I seem to be missing something.

I have created a simple test script to reproduce this behaviour:
Test script

This script is working fine with Krypton but does not work with Leia. Can somebody give me a hint how I have to modify the script or the skin file to get the built-in list working with Leia?

Best regards
Malte
i haven't tested it yet (can do later today), but one thing i noticed is you're missing a views definition in your skin xml file.
you need to add <views>50</views> to the window.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2017-12-30, 15:38)ronie Wrote: i haven't tested it yet (can do later today), but one thing i noticed is you're missing a views definition in your skin xml file.
you need to add <views>50</views> to the window.
 Thanks a ton. I guess this is the solution. Never had this definition in my skin files but it seems to be required from now on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with built-in container in Kodi Leia0