Washed out 4k mkvs
Anyone know how to keep 4k mkvs from looking dull/washed out. Tested on FTV2, FTV3, Note 8, and windows HTPC.
Attached are screen shots from my Note 8. The colorful shot is of my 1080p mkv.

No debug log (wiki) no issue, and also need a sample file.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-12-31, 03:13)redlikemethodz Wrote: Anyone know how to keep 4k mkvs from looking dull/washed out. Tested on FTV2, FTV3, Note 8, and windows HTPC.
Yes - read THIS post onwards

Debug log:
https://paste.ubuntu.com/26293139/
Test starts at line 467. I couldn't find any issues. I played Transformers 5 in 4k, then in HD. Then I played Star Trek Into Darkness 4k, then HD. Both 4k were washed out. I will try to make sample mkvs.
I posted a new thread once I found my HTPC was having the same problem. For some reason I cant post in the overall kodi general support though.
(2017-12-31, 16:03)redlikemethodz Wrote: For some reason I cant post in the overall kodi general support though.
Genereal Support is a locked forum. You can only post in one of the sub-forums located within General Support.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
most likely the 4k one is HDR encoded and your displays are not HDR, or kodi not setup for HDR....
Bought an HDR TV and everything is glorious.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Washed out 4k mkvs0