Problem with laying stacked video files.
I have some issues with the latest release of XBMC for Mac (0.4.5) that have been working fine with previous release. I think I will start a new thread for each issue (when I have the time).. But I'll start with this:

Some of the movies I have is in two .avi-files. XBMC is set to stack the files and that workes fine. But when I play the movie, in the middle of the movie when it should be switching over to the second avi-file it fails.
It says "buffering" and the screen goes black or the picture freeze and is flashing. But the sound goes on just fine.
The apple Remote stops responding and I can't get out of this with the keyboard either. I have to force quit XBMC.

With the previous release of XBMC for Mac it worked fine playing stacked video files. It didn't work when you tried to fast forward through the "switching of files" but it worked fine playing through the whole movie. But now it doesn't anymore.

Is this a bug? or can I solve it somehow?

I use:
Version: XBMC-0.4.5
Skin: xTV, or PM3
Computer: Macbook, 2GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM, MacOSX 10.5.2
It should be "playing" in the headline ofcourse. But I don't know how to edit a post?
Sounds similar to a bug I posted a few days ago with instability when switching between media. Number #170 if you want to confirm..
Some parts of it sounds similar. For example, I'm also in fullscreen and the result is that the window cannot be interacted with. And you hear sound playing in background.
But apart from that I can not confirm if it's the same issue. I don't seem to be kicked out to a windowed mode and I don't do any special action myself when this happens.

I've tried different movies that I have on 2 avi-files (Like CD1 and CD2). These files are stacked in XBMC so that they look like only 1 file/movie. But when XBMC should be switching automaticly and start reading the second avi-file my problem accurs.
So I just start playing the move from Library mode and the problem will happen half way in to the movie. And this worked fine in the previous release of XBMC. I'm using the same files/film now as I did before (in my case the movies "Control" and "There Will Be Blood").
I've already filed a bug ticket for it #166. This also happens to video playlists as well as stacked movies and it appears to be a linux-port bug. Hopefully it will be fixed on the next versionBig Grin
Thank you!
Yes, there it is. Lets hope for a fix in the next release then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with laying stacked video files.0