Can't get it to work at all
all set. Do you think if I reinstall, then restore a timemachine backup that would be ok.
Done. A reinstall wont be an issue. I just hope that's not what has to be done.
Now I don't want to be the one to make you do something that drastic nor be responsible but I think it stands a good chance of working... Also if you don't feel comfortable doing a re-install or don't have experience doing it would suggest you wait for some solution.

A fresh install would be best but one from time machine might work, as long as TM doesn't bring in the setting that is causing the problems in the first place.
Actually before we go crazy, can you try creating a new user and running XBMC as that user?
I tried creating a new user and xbmc crashed at startup just the same. Should I paste the log file from the other user?
Nah, the log file will be the same Smile Sorry to say but the next thing I would try is re-install.
I think I am going to hold off for now to save myself a headache. I am going to buy a new Mini when (and if) they are updated. I may try again then Smile
Sounds good, XBMC works great on my mini BTW Smile
So... I did a clean install of leopard. The first thing I did was install OSXBMC and it fired up without issue. I am currently restoring my time machine backup. I'll let you all know how it goes when i'm done
Awesome! When you start re-installing software keep trying XBMC in between installs... There could have been a program that change the settings, I know we'd love to find out what it is.
Interesting...maybe I will try a new install tomorrow
I have the exact same issue with a 2ghz Mini (Brand new - bought it just for this project). It was working well until i did two things:

- created a new XMBC user
- Updated to v10.5.2 (the huge 347MB update).

I don't know which one of the two caused it. How do I reset XBMC to "factory defaults"? Is deleting the user/username/library/app support/xbmc folder enough?
I just did a straight time machine recovery and of course the problem is still there. I might spend some time this weekend trying to pinpoint which program is causing the issue
I'm having a hard time since I haven't been on the MAC scene since System7, Appletalk serial port networks and having to use complicated PPP clients to get my Global Village Modem to dial into the web at 28.800...

Andre
gdphishman817 Wrote:I just did a straight time machine recovery and of course the problem is still there. I might spend some time this weekend trying to pinpoint which program is causing the issue

The best way to get a good install on a system is to:

1) Reinstall Mac OS X using format, etc. (this is assuming you are 100% sure you have a working backup.)

2) When prompted to create a user during setup use a name DIFFERENT than the old username.

3) Copy your old user account folder to /Users

4) Create a new user with the same username as your old account, OS X will prompt you that a home folder already exists, do you want to use it (yes)

5) login as your new, original user and all your settings should be intact

6) Re-install any applications the old fashion way.

After you install each program/update check XBMC to see if it crashes. I know it's long but it's the best way to narrow this down :\

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't get it to work at all0