Wanted: Beta testers for video smartplaylists
Probably because I didn't test it :p

Will add to my list. Thanks for testing Smile
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

sho, can you provide an example video smartplaylist that produces output with duplicate genres?
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
I'm on it - the reason is due to the watched/unwatched filtering stuff. We currently supply dupes to the mediawindow which filters them out according to the user's preference. So to reproduce, just have some movies watched and some unwatched in a particular genre, then browse from a genre rule.

It'll be fixed once we resolve what we're doing with the library queries. The current plan is to:

1. Remove the path locking stuff.
2. Add an "adult" flag to handle what 1 was doing (how much we allow for separate content types is still up in the air - i.e. should it be a separate strContent for scraping, or just a flag?)
3. Redo the non-title queries to handle the playcount and adult flag at the query level (i.e. setting m_playCount appropriately on the item) rather than filtering at the window level.

If you want to take on any of this let me know Smile

Cheers,
Jonathan

I found out it is somehow bound to my db (something to do with watched / unwatched)
JM is much better equipped to answer this though Wink
Edit.. I see we were posting at the same time. Smile
re: the adult stuff ... why not both a flag in the database, and a new content type? by making it a new content type, the scrapers can also be hidden.
kraqh3d Wrote:re: the adult stuff ... why not both a flag in the database, and a new content type? by making it a new content type, the scrapers can also be hidden.
And a new XBMC-wide flag that can enable/disable all adult-related content.

The only adult content I need to filter-out are the adult movie scrapers (which I currently do by deleting all by IMDB and the TV scrapers), but figure a profile-wide setting would be useful, from what I've read.
right. if "hide adult content" is enabled in settings, then the scrapers and the content they've previously found can both be hidden.
Bug for both music and video smart playlists.
When you browse for a playlist to include / exclude, you have to select and open a playlist and then go back via ".." before you are allowed to choose a playlist (ie the OK button does not get selectable before you go through this ceremony).

Also the Browse button is not highlighted (active) when Playlist is the argument, you can get around it by clicking the text field. (Neither does it for Title, by design or not?)
kraqh3d: Yes, that's the idea. A new content type will be used in the set content dialog, but I'm not sure we need to push it all the way through (basically we don't want to be doing a whole bunch of "if (strContent.Equals("adult") || strContent.Equals("video"))" stuff if we can avoid it, though ofcourse a function could always be added to wrap that up (eg info.IsMovie()). I suspect that would be the easiest way to get things done, but I don't think we want to duplicate the tables in the db - perhaps we could have a separate view though?

sho: The idea with playlist was it only made sense to allow them to choose one (i.e. instead of typing in the name), but yes, this is somewhat inconsistent now that we have the browse button (we didn't always). Not sure how the filebrowser dialog is working on that front, but it sounds like there's some issue there as well? We may be able to do it just via the select dialog in the future.

Cheers,
Jonathan

My description may not be the best of the browse, please try it out to see what exactly I mean. (should be pretty apparent once you try)
Yes, agreed that the playlist selection is not obvious. You have to go in and out for the OK button to highlight - probably something to do with having files acting as folders (the playlists).

I think it'll be better to just retrieve the folder list and display it using the select dialog as is done for everything else. Gives consistency all around that way.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wanted: Beta testers for video smartplaylists0