Add-on that can aggregate arbitrary streams and PVR channels
My grandfather used to get free-to-air satellite in order to get a few channels he likes from the old country, but that's no longer feasible.  Someone tried to get around that issue for him, and they got him a terrible off-brand android tv device, with an app in the wrong foreign language preinstalled, which can't get the most important streams.

I wanted to get him a Shield and put Kodi on it instead.  I have some experience with it, as I'm using it with my PVR backend as a DVR.  I was thinking about looking for an add-on that would let me add arbitrary video streams.  As he's local, on the same ISP, and has 100 mbps up to play with, I was also thinking of streaming my HD HR Prime to him to get him a few local channels he likes, but has trouble watching due to the combination of age and needing to switch inputs on a tv.  If these could be added in the same add on it would be a bonus.  This way I'd only have to teach him to navigate around that one add on.  Otherwise, he should be able to get in and out of the add-on and live tv sections, with some training.

Short of any of that, perhaps there's a good add on that someone knows about that handles international TV streams, specifically from Spain.  I've already spent some time googling it, and there are a few options out there to try, but I was hoping someone could save me some time if they know of one that is better than the rest.

Thanks for reading.
Pseudo TV Live might fit your requirements?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-01-02, 15:38)DarrenHill Wrote: Pseudo TV Live might fit your requirements?
 Thanks.  It sounds like it does.  I'm going to check that out and get back to you.
I tried to install it myself in order to evaluate it first, and I'm having trouble with it and my Sony TV with Android. (see:  http://pseudotvlive.com/index.php/forum/...ything#974).  It's only been about 24 hours since I posted on the official forum, but I notice it's fairly inactive for such an ambitious project.

I wouldn't mind paying for support, as a $40 one-time payment in exchange for a promise of future "high-priority" support, but the project seems like a bad investment in general.  While the source is on Git, all the docs are outdated.  It's as if the model is to charge for support for installation before the user can evaluate.

Also, the state of the project seems to be, at best, in limbo.  One of the official repos I added was market as broken.  It seems the author is waiting for inclusion into the official Kodi add-ons (ostensibly).

Is there something else you (or anyone) can think of off-hand?

While it would be nice to aggregate the channels from my PVR with arbitrary video streams from the internet, it probably wouldn't be terrible if they were in separate locations within the Kodi GUI.

EDIT I:  Having done some research, I could probably do with something that helps create strm files.  I'm trying to make one manually now.  I found that the target stream is a .m3u8 type playlist file.  I'll see now it goes.

EDIT II:  And it works...  Worst case scenario, I can manually make the strm files.
(2018-01-26, 23:42)FuriousGeorge Wrote: I tried to install it myself in order to evaluate it first, and I'm having trouble with it and my Sony TV with Android. (see:  http://pseudotvlive.com/index.php/forum/...ything#974).  It's only been about 24 hours since I posted on the official forum, but I notice it's fairly inactive for such an ambitious project.

I wouldn't mind paying for support, as a $40 one-time payment in exchange for a promise of future "high-priority" support, but the project seems like a bad investment in general.  While the source is on Git, all the docs are outdated.  It's as if the model is to charge for support for installation before the user can evaluate.

Also, the state of the project seems to be, at best, in limbo.  One of the official repos I added was market as broken.  It seems the author is waiting for inclusion into the official Kodi add-ons (ostensibly).

Is there something a bit simpler that you (or anyone) can think of off-hand?

While it would be nice to aggregate the channels from my PVR with arbitrary video streams from the internet, it probably wouldn't be terrible if they were in separate locations within the Kodi GUI.
 Hello, I'm the developer of PseudoTV Live, You can find support here in the Kodi forums: https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=231

I'm not sure where you get your information...  So let me help. PseudoTV Live was started more than four years ago and is currently in hibernation pending its next major release v.0.9.x. Version 0.9.x is a complete code refactoring; it has consumed a lot of my time. I can assure you the project is VERY ACTIVE and STILL IN DEVELOPMENT.

The PseudoTV Live project isn't an investment; its free software for you to enjoy... Your level of involvement is up to you. There are no charges, absolutely NO Pay for Play! At anytime you can download PseudoTV Live v.0.8.x from my beta repository. Some users voluntarily chose to support my projects through donations; which are not required.

Nothing is in "LIMBO", My Official repo is not broken (you are probably installing old code from unofficial sources). I can assure you the author *cough* is not waiting "ostensibly" for Kodi repository inclusion... When PseudoTV Live v.0.9.x is released it will be submitted for Kodi repository approval.

I recommend you try to avoid reading miscellaneous articles on the net, and stick to the facts as I write them Smile 

You can always find me here at Kodi.tv, or via one of my many means of contact in the signature below.
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
I stand corrected. Thanks for clarifying. Look forward to trying, v.0.9.0.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add-on that can aggregate arbitrary streams and PVR channels0