Everex gPC Mini - Almost perfect for XBMC?
What about running XBMC on a ps3? Dont know how well Linux is handling all the ps3's cores or if the memory isnt enough. But this is just a thought. Will it be able to play 1080p? If so the ps3 will be a nice buy! Smile
Exclamation 
qusack Wrote:What about running XBMC on a ps3? Dont know how well Linux is handling all the ps3's cores or if the memory isnt enough. But this is just a thought. Will it be able to play 1080p? If so the ps3 will be a nice buy! Smile
Way OFF-TOPIC, move that discussion to => http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=21849

...and search before you post next time!
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
althekiller Wrote:Anybody tried to go diskless with netboot? 100Mbit should be fine, GigE would definitely be fast enough.

Yep, I have a VIA EPIA(with NFORCE PCI GFX) booting via PXE, currently on 100Mbit. On this particular setup the diff from Mbit to Gbit switch were little to non on normal usage, this includes booting & running XBMC or Mythfrontend. Of course the penalty running via a Mbit switch comes into play on any heavy "system disk" I/O usage.

Its only a 1Ghz CPU in this puppy, but perfect for my SD TV content. Running a very slimlined Gentoo install with EvilWM at 1024x768 hooked to a 32" LCD panel.

I got a Asus EEE, but discarded its XBMC usage due to the OpenGL 2.0 recommendation, I guess I should do a compile and test it. I absolutely love this laptop for Mythfronted usage, if its usable with its GPU for XBMC I really couldnt ask for more. =)
Sorry for bumping an old thread, but I saw this:

Shuttle KPC

and it looks like a pretty good basis for a set-top XBMC box. I went ahead and put together a wish list on newegg as an possible build for the future. My questions are for the people who are running the 950 graphics solution with XBMC under linux.

How well does the 950 deal with 1080i in linux? Are there any tearing issues? Is there a preferred revision of Ubuntu (or xubuntu) to use?

Thanks.
Here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32601
Regards,
Embrion
embrion Wrote:Here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32601
I saw that thread, but it's about running os-x on non apple hardware more than about how well XBMC plays with the 950. I'm looking for someone to say "I run xbmc on linux on a 950 based PC, hooked up to a 1080i/p TV, and it ....".
"Sucks" will most likely be the response. It doesn't support gl2.0 which is pretty much a requirement for any hopes at a resolution that high. It doesn't support pixel shader model 3.0 either which helps quite a bit too.

You don't need user experiences to draw these types of conclusions. Just read the requirements and check the hardware for support.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Everex gPC Mini - Almost perfect for XBMC?0