Issues with chapter skips & Apple remote
Anyone else having issues with chapter skips using the Apple remote, specifically with Video_TS files. My chapter skips are never one at a time, but several chapters at a time.

Ticket filed with further details.

http://dn-0.com/xbmc-trac/ticket/175
I'll look into it for the next release
On second thought how are you currently skipping chapters? From what I can see there is only:

StepForward Step forward 1% in the movie.
StepBack Step back 1% in the movie.
BigStepForward Step forward 10% in the movie.
BigStepBack Step back 10% in the movie.
(http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph...le_actions)

It would be interesting to make big step use chapters instead of just a random 10% though... Is this what you are seeing?
iordonez Wrote:On second thought how are you currently skipping chapters? From what I can see there is only:

StepForward Step forward 1% in the movie.
StepBack Step back 1% in the movie.
BigStepForward Step forward 10% in the movie.
BigStepBack Step back 10% in the movie.
(http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.ph...le_actions)

It would be interesting to make big step use chapters instead of just a random 10% though... Is this what you are seeing?

I swore I was able to skip chapters via the apple remote in prior versions. But perhaps not. In either case it is skipping chuncks. Typicaly about 1m and 10m.

For titles which have different content on different chapters (IE TV shows) it makes it real hard to get to where you need to be.

Thoughts.
Perhaps Chapter skipping in keymap.xml is on NextItem/PrevItem (the ones that normally go to the next or previous playlist item). At least I *think* that's how it works. Agreed that it does make more sense for chapters to replace BigStepForward/BigStepBack.

disclaimer: I'm an xbox/win32 dev, but it all uses the same keymap.xml in the end, right?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Perhaps Chapter skipping in keymap.xml is on NextItem/PrevItem (the ones that normally go to the next or previous playlist item). At least I *think* that's how it works. Agreed that it does make more sense for chapters to replace BigStepForward/BigStepBack.

disclaimer: I'm an xbox/win32 dev, but it all uses the same keymap.xml in the end, right?

My only concern is that if a file doesn't contain chapters how do you do big skips. Better logic would be if chapters exist use them, otherwise default to big skips. However this would be more of a code re-write then a feature change though, right ? ? ?
jmarshall Wrote:Perhaps Chapter skipping in keymap.xml is on NextItem/PrevItem (the ones that normally go to the next or previous playlist item). At least I *think* that's how it works. Agreed that it does make more sense for chapters to replace BigStepForward/BigStepBack.

If we would want to use next/prev in keymaps for chapter skipping we would need a nother section <fullscreenvideowithchapters> or the such. To integrate it with the current remote support (and setup) you would have to use a map that is currently in place and will work with both chapters and with out. I think if BigStepforward was changed to Next chapter (if available) OR 10% of the movie.

yeah we're using the same keymaps.xml in the end.

(jmarhsall) I'm more respond to both of you and jeremymc Smile
Agreed my intention was that BigStepForward should chapter skip if available, else do whatever magic it does now (10 minutes or 10% depending on length IIRC).

It is likely hardcoded in GUIWindowFullScreen::OnAction() or in CDVDPlayer::OnAction() so probably all that needs to be done is to cleanup the use of action codes there to use the bigskip ones.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Yeah, I was just in that code. Iordonez, let's work together and get this working with the Apple Remote.

-elan
It was a bit involved, but I have it working locally, and the feature (or bugfix, if you want to call it that) will be in the next release.

-elan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Issues with chapter skips & Apple remote0