Using other IR remotes in XBMC for Mac OS X?
Question 
Is it possible to use other IR remotes (just some old one I have lying around the house) to control osxbmc using the built-in IR receiver on the Mac Mini? Or is the receiver only compatible with the codes from the Apple Remote?
I would love to use some IR remote that has a bit more buttons than the Apple Remote does (I'm used to XBMC on Xbox and I like having some of the functionality I have there).
Wait for next release.
iordonez Wrote:Wait for next release.
I believe next release will extend IR support in xbmc but, you still need a IR that is compatible with apple receiver.

I am using one Universal Remote Controller from logitech and it works pretty well but I had to "teach" it.
I guess it all boils down to the IR protocol of the Apple IR reciever.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
DavidCarlos Wrote:I believe next release will extend IR support in xbmc but, you still need a IR that is compatible with apple receiver.

I am using one Universal Remote Controller from logitech and it works pretty well but I had to "teach" it.

All Universal remotes that can "learn" IR commands will be supported. Another requirement will be the ability to assign Macro commands to various buttons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Using other IR remotes in XBMC for Mac OS X?0