build.sh
Question 
Would it be possible to add an option to the build script to only continue if there have been updates in the svn since the last time build was run?
Msan Wrote:Would it be possible to add an option to the build script to only continue if there have been updates in the svn since the last time build was run?

./build.sh NOUPDATE
Check out ./build.sh --help for more information
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:./build.sh NOUPDATE
Check out ./build.sh --help for more information

NOUPDATE : Don't update source.

To me that means don't look at the cvs, just build and compile.
I want it to look at the cvs and ONLY build if the cvs is newer than what I have.
How often are you running it? There are updates to SVN daily. I don't really see this being a useful feature.
Lately a couple of times a day.. I guess I could make my own script to call build if there are updates, but I figured it would be nicer in the actual build.sh script
Only people that really need to be building more than once per day (or week even) are devs and since you're using build.sh to compile I'm going to assume that you aren't. There aren't any major features going in now so mostly you're going to be getting minor bug fixes and code clean up.

You can always run with NOCONFIG NOCLEAN so that only updated files will be recompiled, the binary relinked and the dir structure recopied.
Ah sorry I missunderstood you Smile
Can't see the reason for it though?
Still if you really want it I suspect you could grep for 'U' 'A' or those as they only come when it's updated.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Msan - Just add an Exit after line 178

Code:
Line 177      echo " Your source is up to date."
Line 178      UPDATE=0
Line 179      exit

I did this because I was testing out different scripts trying to get everything automated (shut down XBMC, check for updates, compile if there were, restart XBMC) and it was nice to be able to exit out of the script when there wasn't updates available.
blubyu Wrote:Msan - Just add an Exit after line 178

Code:
Line 177      echo " Your source is up to date."
Line 178      UPDATE=0
Line 179      exit

I did this because I was testing out different scripts trying to get everything automated (shut down XBMC, check for updates, compile if there were, restart XBMC) and it was nice to be able to exit out of the script when there wasn't updates available.

Thanks! This will help alot..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
build.sh0