Solved Cannot enable Next PVR addon within KODI 17.6
I believe that's what i did -  I can repeat if you like.
Does the input device matter ? I am using a wireless keyboard with a track pad built in.
No, the input device does not matter.

Sub3 is the expert on NextPVR, so best to wait for his advice. But I would create another log again, make sure you enable Debugging Mode, then Restart Kodi, then replicate the problem with all those steps you mention. Just so Sub3 can see what is happening in the log.

If you then immediately use the Log Uploader, then upload the first Kodi.log.

If, for some reason you exit Kodi, and restart Kodi to use the log uploader, then you need to upload kodi.old.log
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Try again posting a new log. Hopefully that'll show something.

In that last log there is no sign it even tried to load the NextPVR addon, so never got as far as anything going wrong in the NextPVR addon.
Ok great thanks for the info- will get that done a bit later.
Hi, have rerun the process. The old log file tracks the process of me trying to enable Next PVR. I then shut down and restarted KODI and the later log file (the one in the Ubuntu link) is me having restarted KODI to see if it worked. It did not work.

https://pastebin.com/yT7Rz3j2  - This is the old log file which is where I tried to enable NEXT PVR

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26365956/   - i.e the log file after the restart

Hopefully these are correct.

I also took a video of the process which I can post if you think it might be of help.
Sorry, there is still absolutely no NextPVR addon log messages in those logs, so I've got absolutely nothing to go on.
I think the obsolete xbmc.pvr addon might need to be uninstalled it seems to generate errors
 23:34:33.473 T:7124   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2 times. 23:34:33.473 T:7124   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (addons://user/xbmc.pvrclient)

Martin
Is there something you can point me to that explains how to uninstall and reinstall the add on ?
Just reading your first post and looking over the log again, you mention you installed from the Windows Store. Is this the case as your logs don't show that?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-01-21, 02:35)Karellen Wrote: Just reading your first post and looking over the log again, you mention you installed from the Windows Store. Is this the case as your logs don't show that?
  The logs look like a Windows Store app to me, although I was surprised that it wasn't in the x86 folder.
 23:34:11.143 T:7124  NOTICE: special://xbmc/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_17.9.601.0_x86__4n2hpmxwrvr6p23:34:11.143 T:7124  NOTICE: special://xbmcbin/ is mapped to: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_17.9.601.0_x86__4n2hpmxwrvr6p

@Coupe Pete As for uninstallling xbmc.pvr no idea but it likely is an option under the addon that you installed.

Martin
Guys its working now -I was not enabling it properly. Thanks for the help.
Thread marked solved.
My Signature
How did you solve it? I have exactly the same issue and in Australia too!
Hi djr_fox

I just had the same issue. You just need to 'Enable' the add-on.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot enable Next PVR addon within KODI 17.60