Wow, I bought a mac =)
Thumbs Up 
I have been using the original xbmc for some time and I was really satisfied with this solution. But the limitation of not being able to play HD material made me buy a popcorn hour. Was that a mistake or what.. Rolleyes

I was looking for some other way to solve it so when I saw that you made a port to OSX the Mac mini looked promising. The user friendly install helped my decision too since i'm not to found of linux compiling and stuff.

A few hours later i have a small/quiet/good looking media center that auto starts XBMC and shuts down after use. My family don't even notice the difference apart from the remote. I must say that your 0.4.5 release is very stable.

So I would like to thank Elan and all other contributors for this supernice port to mac!
I will donate a few bucks, but you should really get kickback on mini's from Apple Laugh
Glad to hear it works well for you, and thanks for the kind words!!

-elan
Thanks a bunch! I'm sure the linux team is thrilled to know all their hard work is finally being put to use Wink
i would also like to thank all of those involved in the xbmc project for os x. I got my mac mini today and can now watch all my media on my 47" lcd. Keep up the good works guys. I can't wait to see what's coming in the future.

Question Smedberg; What Mini did you buy? I am in the process of getting a Mini to use first besides the ole XBOX and later in stead of it.

And from me too, many thanks and congrats to the devs on a job thats looking great!
So what can the mini handle? I'm pretty sure it can't handle say h264 at 1080p, without some major tweaking, but what about h264 at 720p?
agathorn Wrote:So what can the mini handle? I'm pretty sure it can't handle say h264 at 1080p, without some major tweaking, but what about h264 at 720p?

Actually, my 2.0GHz mini does quite well with 1080p material. The only piece of 1080p content that hasn't been completely viewable was the Planet Earth series, which have large frame droppage in areas mostly (completely?) due to overagressive encoding.

-elan
Zeppo Wrote:Question Smedberg; What Mini did you buy? I am in the process of getting a Mini to use first besides the ole XBOX and later in stead of it.

And from me too, many thanks and congrats to the devs on a job thats looking great!

I bought a 2.0Ghz C2D Mini and it works great with 720p on my TV.
I havn't tested 1080p since my TV only have 720p resolution.

I can try something tonight. Any specific samples I should test?
elan Wrote:Actually, my 2.0GHz mini does quite well with 1080p material. The only piece of 1080p content that hasn't been completely viewable was the Planet Earth series, which have large frame droppage in areas mostly (completely?) due to overagressive encoding.

-elan

Hm, yeah, so most scene releases work... Thats great to read dude, since the highest I will be playing will be 720p it wont be a problem. Im still trying to contain myself from buying a Mini before a new one arrives, I dont think I can though, might as well get one tonight...
smedberg Wrote:I bought a 2.0Ghz C2D Mini and it works great with 720p on my TV.
I havn't tested 1080p since my TV only have 720p resolution.

I can try something tonight. Any specific samples I should test?

No man thats okay, I have my answer now, also 720p here, it all plays on my Macbook using XBMC so, cheers...
elan Wrote:Actually, my 2.0GHz mini does quite well with 1080p material. The only piece of 1080p content that hasn't been completely viewable was the Planet Earth series, which have large frame droppage in areas mostly (completely?) due to overagressive encoding.

-elan

My 2.33ghz core 2 duo will not play the "birds" scene at all. I tried it in osxbmc, mplayer, vlc... I would say it wouldn't even come close to playing it.
What about the cheaper, 1.83ghz one? Think it would be able to play 720p h264 encoded files? That's all I really care about, as I have no need to go to 1080p.
agathorn Wrote:What about the cheaper, 1.83ghz one? Think it would be able to play 720p h264 encoded files? That's all I really care about, as I have no need to go to 1080p.

Mine does....
This smells like good news:

http://code.google.com/soc/2008/ffmpeg/a...705A5D5DBB
Indeed! This actually smells better than morning coffee. And that's saying quite something. Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wow, I bought a mac =)0