• 21(current)
Release Special Features
(2020-11-18, 22:06)bsoriano Wrote: @smitchell6879 , I am a first time user of the addon, using Kodi 18.9 under Windows 10.  When the addon is scanning for movie extras, I get this error:

xml:

2020-11-18 16:00:09.999 T:15004   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeDecodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x82 in position 7: invalid start byte
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\script.py", line 70, in <module>
                                                r.updateDB()
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\script.py", line 39, in updateDB
                                                resultFILTER().router(query2)
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\iteration.py", line 40, in router
                                                result = QUERY().router(query)
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\querylib.py", line 45, in router
                                                self.result = self.jsonquery(self.queries.get('{}'.format(query)))
                                              File "C:\Users\bsori\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\lib\querylib.py", line 41, in jsonquery
                                                return json.loads(self.json)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\__init__.py", line 339, in loads
                                                return _default_decoder.decode(s)
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 364, in decode
                                                obj, end = self.raw_decode(s, idx=_w(s, 0).end())
                                              File "C:\Program Files\Kodi\system\python\Lib\json\decoder.py", line 380, in raw_decode
                                                obj, end = self.scan_once(s, idx)
                                            UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf8' codec can't decode byte 0x82 in position 7: invalid start byte
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I don't know where to look for the offending character that the addon is not processing.  If I understand correctly, the addon is reading the Kodi videodb and for each movie, it is looking for an Extras folder in the movie folder, correct? If so, would the issue be with a movie folder name, or a movie title name? I appreciate any help you could provide. 

I am the current maintainer for the Amber skin, and even though the current version of the skin has the required code changes to show a "Special Features" button in the video info dialog, I had not really tested the addon until now.

I am looking to add an indication to the media views when a movie or tv show has special features, but I need to get the addon working first in my library.

Regards,

Bart
I am going to be honest with you I have not used or even looked at the code in several months. I know that this issue has came up several times as I was still in my early days of learning python when I wrote this. usually this error has something to do with foreign titles as they produce illegal characters. If you have a snfo file created for the video giving the issue you may want to deleted that as well. As of now I would not waste much time on supporting this as my first child was just born a week ago, and I can see that it will be a long while before I will be able to get free time again to work on these side projects. I will let yall know if and when I can work on it again but for now I will say this should end support with k18 as I have not fixed it for k19.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
@smitchell6879

Does it still work in kodi 19.4?

Thank you
If i helped you, you can thank me with a thumbs up 👍 below, thanks 🙏.
Kodi 20.x stable release | Skin Confluence (by Jezz_X)
I like editing skins ❤
To be honest, I just create a second disk or folder containing the extras and specials, and then when you load up a title, you get Movie, Extended Version, Extras, etc... whatever you have, all in a file structure, which is likely to work in every case on every system without addons etc...  They tend to get unsupported within certain skins, as core kodi moves on....
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
(2022-10-03, 20:36)wcndave Wrote: To be honest, I just create a second disk or folder containing the extras and specials, and then when you load up a title, you get Movie, Extended Version, Extras, etc... whatever you have, all in a file structure, which is likely to work in every case on every system without addons etc...  They tend to get unsupported within certain skins, as core kodi moves on....
Sounds like an interesting solution :-) 
I wonder if it would be possible to make something like this, but combined with an "Extras" folder alias in each movie folder, pointing to their respective locations in a centralized Extras library? That way you could perhaps have the best of both worlds ... But it's probably not super easy peasy to set up ;-)
(2020-11-26, 13:29)smitchell6879 Wrote: As of now I would not waste much time on supporting this as my first child was just born a week ago, and I can see that it will be a long while before I will be able to get free time again to work on these side projects. 
Congratulations!!
Kodi Leia on Pi-4 running LibreElec. in production with family, and another one for testing.
  • 21(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special Features1