• 19(current)
Release Special Features
(2020-01-15, 09:48)smitchell6879 Wrote: Quickest and easiest way I would say delete the sfnfo file for "nfs://192.168.0.199/volume1/Family/Films/Bambi (1942)/Extras/Bambi Special Feature.sfnfo" as it is not reading it for some reason.

@smitchell6879 - thanks, purging the sources of all the .sfnfo files and rescanning seems to have done the trick. Repeating the scan doesn't cause the previous error to appear, so looks like a fix to me.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2020-01-15, 20:12)DarrenHill Wrote:
(2020-01-15, 09:48)smitchell6879 Wrote: Quickest and easiest way I would say delete the sfnfo file for "nfs://192.168.0.199/volume1/Family/Films/Bambi (1942)/Extras/Bambi Special Feature.sfnfo" as it is not reading it for some reason.

@smitchell6879 - thanks, purging the sources of all the .sfnfo files and rescanning seems to have done the trick. Repeating the scan doesn't cause the previous error to appear, so looks like a fix to me.

Good deal the .XML file may have been corupt. And I wrote this in my earlier days of learning Python so I don't think I had a way to catch errors.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
(2019-12-04, 15:04)MechanicalWhispers Wrote: I've been using this addon for a while now, and love it. But recently it seems to have stopped working. When I open the context menu on a movie, it doesn't show the "Extras" menu option. I'm not sure if it was something I accidentally broke, as I've been trying to clean up some of my unused add-ons. But I tried uninstalling the Special Features addon and then re-installing it again from the Kodi repo. Still isn't working. I'm running Kodi 18.5. Any suggestions?

Would someone be able to help me troubleshoot this? "Extras" are not showing in my context menu still. I don't know where to start with troubleshooting. I haven't changed my folder structure, and it worked before. Still running Windows 10, Kodi 18.5. Do I need to manually disable all my add-ons first?
(2020-01-15, 11:14)gotham2014 Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 11:16)smitchell6879 Wrote:
(2020-01-14, 11:00)gotham2014 Wrote: Hi, I am using the latest stable version of kodi  

That maybe the issue we wrote this for Kodi 17 and 18. And i haven't used it in about year so i have no idea if it still works or not.   

Thanks, hope someone will pick up this issue. 

I still use it daily and haven't run into this issue yet... I'll do some experimenting.
(2020-02-27, 20:45)MechanicalWhispers Wrote:
(2019-12-04, 15:04)MechanicalWhispers Wrote: I've been using this addon for a while now, and love it. But recently it seems to have stopped working. When I open the context menu on a movie, it doesn't show the "Extras" menu option. I'm not sure if it was something I accidentally broke, as I've been trying to clean up some of my unused add-ons. But I tried uninstalling the Special Features addon and then re-installing it again from the Kodi repo. Still isn't working. I'm running Kodi 18.5. Any suggestions?

Would someone be able to help me troubleshoot this? "Extras" are not showing in my context menu still. I don't know where to start with troubleshooting. I haven't changed my folder structure, and it worked before. Still running Windows 10, Kodi 18.5. Do I need to manually disable all my add-ons first? 
You shouldn't have to... has anything else changed? Is the database intact? Are you using the mysql option?
Thought I would share some work I have been doing with my skin and a couple modifications I made to the plugin. I have added a couple extra categories to the addon (these values do have to be manually added into the .db as there is nothing to scrape from). The new categories includes a tagline for the content (I normally use the Bonus Disc name or name of main menus), and year of release (for movies that include original theatrical releases versus re-releases). I then put the DVD menu contents in the plot category and have modified my skin so that this information is available when navigating to Special Features (either through the content menu or through the add-on).
Hello all!

Experimenting with this add-on. Really liking it so far, however, I am having trouble getting sfnfo files to work. Can someone please post an example file? I've created one based on the structure shared in this thread about 10 pages back, but when attempting to scan the file the add-on throws errors. So, I assume something is wrong with my structure. Any tips or documentation I should be following.

Thanks!
@JPer do you have a copy of your log file, if there was an issue reading the .sfnfo it will show up there. I can post a copy of the .sfnfo I am using (as generated by the plugin). I did make a change locally to the plugin to get it to read the .sfnfo and import the data into the db file. as it was return errors.

Cheers.
(2020-03-25, 01:20)evertiro Wrote:
(2020-02-27, 20:45)MechanicalWhispers Wrote:

You shouldn't have to... has anything else changed? Is the database intact? Are you using the mysql option? 
Nothing has changed. I've had this add-on for a VERY long time, and I don't know why it doesn't show my "extras" in the context menu any more. I have no idea how to use the "mysql" option. I just installed the add-on a few years back and it just worked. I use Emby for Kodi, which stores all my movie data. So that's my only "database", if that's what you mean. What would you recommend I try to resolve this?
I can't get the add-on to scan any extras — it seems to be objecting to characters in filenames which aren't 7-bit ASCII:

Code:

2020-04-13 20:02:08.211 T:3325678304    INFO: : smb://video@celestia/movies/2001 - A Space Odyssey (1968)/extras/Standing on the Shoulders of Kubrick — the Legacy of 2001.mkv
2020-04-13 20:02:08.366 T:3325678304   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.UnicodeEncodeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2014' in position 102: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.specialfeatures/script.py", line 70, in <module>
                                                r.updateDB()
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.specialfeatures/script.py", line 38, in updateDB
                                                resultFILTER().router(query)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.specialfeatures/lib/iteration.py", line 45, in router
                                                self.verifyDir(self.checker)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.specialfeatures/lib/iteration.py", line 95, in verifyDir
                                                self.t = self.getthumb(self.ef)
                                              File "/home/osmc/.kodi/addons/plugin.video.specialfeatures/lib/iteration.py", line 122, in getthumb
                                                if os.path.isfile(thumbname + ext):
                                              File "/usr/lib/python2.7/genericpath.py", line 37, in isfile
                                                st = os.stat(path)
                                            UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character u'\u2014' in position 102: ordinal not in range(128)
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--

I can rename the file in this case, of course — but there are probably plenty more, including some movies whose names have accents, or are even in Japanese. It's rather tedious to run a scan from my TV, then going upstairs to paw through the logs, find which file it didn't like, and rename it — especially since it will only fail on one file at a time Big Grin

Is there a way to get the add-on to use UTF-8 rather than the 'ascii' codec it appears to be using? (I'm afraid I don't know very much Python — we went through this in the Ruby world a while ago, so the pain is familiar…)

Debug log: https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/T8kXKMn3zF/
Has anyone had any chance to look into the problem of writing to SMB shares? I have a very large catalog,but my only option for serving is via a SMB share, so I have not had any luck getting this to scan the files.
Can you specify multiple folders that count as "Extras" folders? Like "Extras" but also "Featurettes" etc?  ×
First of all, usage question: Is this addon meant to be accessed by running it directly, not through a context menu? If there is context menu access, how can it be enabled?

Second, having the same problem. In my case it is "u'\u2019'" that is throwing the exception.  So can't try out the plugin.
(2020-04-13, 21:15)Tiny Clanger Wrote: I can't get the add-on to scan any extras — it seems to be objecting to characters in filenames which aren't 7-bit ASCII:

×     ×     ×
Hi Everyone,

I'm trying to use this add-on but facing a peculiar issue.

I'm using a MySQL Centralized Database with Kodi running on 3 devices.

Here is my advancedsettings.xml:

<advancedsettings>
  <videodatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.0.116</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>********</pass>
  </videodatabase> 
  <musicdatabase>
    <type>mysql</type>
    <host>192.168.0.116</host>
    <port>3306</port>
    <user>kodi</user>
    <pass>********</pass>
  </musicdatabase>
  <videolibrary>
    <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    <importresumepoint>true</importresumepoint>
    <recentlyaddeditems>50</recentlyaddeditems>
  </videolibrary>
   <pathsubstitution>
  <substitute>
    <from>special://profile/Thumbnails/</from>
    <to>smb://192.168.0.116/Thumbnails/</to>
  </substitute>
  </pathsubstitution>
  <gui>
    <algorithmdirtyregions>0</algorithmdirtyregions>
  </gui>
  <video>
        <excludefromscan action="append">
            <regexp>/Extras/</regexp>
            <regexp>[\\/]Extras[\\/]</regexp>
        </excludefromscan>
        <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
        </excludetvshowsfromscan>
  </video>
</advancedsettings>

Whenever, I'm removing the below code, the add-on is working fine:

<video>
        <excludefromscan action="append">
        </excludefromscan>
        <excludetvshowsfromscan action="append">
        </excludetvshowsfromscan>
  </video>

However, if I'm adding that code, the folder containing my extras (videos) are not opening in the add-on.

I need to add this code otherwise the Extras folders are getting synced in my library.
I tried placing ".nomedia" text files in my extras folder. However, the same issue is happening there also.

I checked my Kodi log also, there is no warning or error.

Please advise.

Thanks,
Shibaji Chattopadhaya.
Further to my above post. Now I'm facing another issue. The add-on is not working at all even after removing the code from advancedsettings.xml
Please help!
  • 19(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special Features1