• 3(current)
Release Special Features
(2018-02-07, 14:45)neil9000 Wrote:
(2018-02-05, 15:55)smitchell6879 Wrote: @neil9000
I have just update GitHub with the latest progress. I am rolling back to alpha as I have remove some of the features temporarily just trying to get the MySQL out so it can be tested before making it more complicated.
along with the service I will begin with the TV shows next.

I know this is a small step back but in the big picture for me at least it is a big step forward.
 Excellent news, thanks a lot. 
 Another quick update I have began the implementation of tvshows... with that I had to redo the database structure so I figure since I am doing that I might as well add .nfo support... With all of this it is taking a little longer then expected  it may be later this week or next week before another release.
 If there are any other request get them to me know before I finialize the DB structure as that is a bit time consuming.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Alright so as I am finishing up another session of working on this I figure I would give a verbal update of the progress. Well for starters I am new to python and this is really teaching me a lot, with learning you tend to make mistakes... and at some point I wasn't organized enough in the code to the point that I lost myself completely as bad as that sounds... hahaha

So I reworked all the code yet again making it a little easier to follow through and actually doing so allowed me to clean up a lot of the code making functions shorter and even getting rid of some that I realized I just didn't need in the first place.  With all of that I have managed to get things back to a working order with a few added features and still missing a few for now as well.

To give you something look forward to and this is working:
When you select the add-on you will come to a directory with 3 choices: All, Movies, TV Shows. and as you can figure each will give you a list respective to its name.

When setting up your extras you will now have the option to use .sfnfo files... which is basically a very basic .nfo I didn't want them to mixed in with Kodi's local scraper so that's why they will be called .sfnfo. And just like .nfo file you will follow the same naming convention.. <video name>.sfnfo. Doing so and having the option turned on will allow me to scrape information from this file 
so that now you will be able to set custom title and plot ... 
Personally I wanted to be able to have a better description of the special feature especially with TV Shows as some of the extras are on a per season basis with the name repeating.  Last thing which is where I am now... you can edit the information from Kodi in my add-on no need to make special .sfnfo files...I will make them for you if you want me to by exporting the database.
To edit a item simply bring up the context menu select manage and select the option you want to edit. That simple and when you are done the information will be updated on the screen right then. Just remember all of this is held in my addons own database separate from kodi so you will need to export my database to save these changes... and Kodi will have to have write privileges to save them as well.

I know this is a bit much considering I have not actually released a update.. but I am kinda excited about the progress and wanted to share it ... the timeline for a release is sill going to be next week sometime if everything continues to work as it should. I do plan on bring back the service as well which will take a little more time to implement . But there is progress...
Alright Check the first post I have release the next update with a lot of new features... at least a lot of new code hahaha. Please report back on any bugs found.
First off, thank you so much for writing this... I was literally five minutes from starting to work on my own version when I stumbled on this thread. Second... for some reason, I can't get the context menu to show up. The addon itself works fine, opening the addon shows the correct special features for the correct items. Thoughts?
I did not add it to the context menu this time around. But if you drop the skin files I have include into the esturay skin there is a button that shows up when you press info... Personally I figure that was just a good in stead of pressing c you just press "I".

If your using another skin other then estuary the you can look at the dialogvideoinfo.xml that is included with the add-on and search for special features. You will see there how I added the new button.

All not sure if you have tried it but when your in the view this the list of extras if you press c and go to manage you can actually change the title, sorttitle and add a plot.
In that case, I'd request an option to enable/disable the context menu for those of us using other skins. That said... I'm thinking about writing (or at least modifying) a skin anyway... I'll just add the button in myself! Wink
@smitchell6879 - Is there any reason why this thread is in this subforum rather than the video add-ons subforum? Mostly only skinners come here, so you will get far more visibility in the video add-ons subforum:
https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=154

I can move your thread there if you would like?

Also, keep up the good work. This is a great add-on that adds a much needed functionality to Kodi. I'm looking forward to seeing it on the official repo!
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
You can move it if you like I put it here because it would need to implement in the skinner side... I personally don't want to add yet another context menu item. I honestly haven't really worked on it since the last release do to what seemed to be lack of interest from users or skinners for that matter haha.
(2018-02-28, 05:42)smitchell6879 Wrote: You can move it if you like I put it here because it would need to implement in the skinner side... I personally don't want to add yet another context menu item. I honestly haven't really worked on it since the last release do to what seemed to be lack of interest from users or skinners for that matter haha.

I think you will get more visibility in the video add-ons forum.

Make a context menu add-on to accompany it - that way end-users have the option of whether to add the context menu item or not. Then you have the best of both worlds and don't have to wait for skinners to add a button to the info dialog (which most are probably not going to do until it is on the official repo and has a bit of a following).
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2018-02-28, 05:42)smitchell6879 Wrote: You can move it if you like I put it here because it would need to implement in the skinner side... I personally don't want to add yet another context menu item. I honestly haven't really worked on it since the last release do to what seemed to be lack of interest from users or skinners for that matter haha.
 I'm new to Kodi development, but far from new to Python (or development in general for that matter). Don't give up so quickly, and I'll be happy to help in any way I can!
I can add it back most of the code is still there... I just have to take time to do it I am in the middle of several projects right now so I just haven't had time to get back 2 it. Plus as I said there hadden been much interest in it so figure I could wait.
(2018-03-01, 00:09)smitchell6879 Wrote: .

Still happy to help!
Just an FYI, I'll respond to your PM as soon as I can... Guess I'm currently under the post threshold for allowing private messages! Sad
This is great.  I just added the add-on to one of my media centers and will start playing with it an report any issues I come back with.  Thank you for creating this addon, @smitchell6879 .
I noticed one thing, if the items inside the Extras folder are in folders they don't seem to be recognized by the addon.  Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi in my library have Extras folders and then the video files are in folders under the main Extra folder which the addon is not seeing those movies with Extra items.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special Features1