• 5(current)
Release Special Features
(2018-03-10, 04:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: Looking good so far and everything pretty much seems to be working well! Big Grin
SpecialFeatures.Widget property is excellent!

Only thing I noticed was that if you go in through the addon, and then browse a tvshow, the content stays as tvshows rather than switching to episodes or videos (works perfectly from info dialog, but not from within the addon).

EDIT: Seems SpecialFeatures.Widget only works in the library and not for widgets on the home screen. Not sure if there is a way around this?
Maybe you can check to see if the SkinHelper widget container property is set and use that to get the current widget container on the home screen
(SkinHelper.WidgetContainer)
I'm guessing this will only be necessary on Krypton and not on Leia (because referencing specific container ids is not necessary in Leia).

The your right I need to change the what the info works actually... I did it that way on the add-on side to give a more streamline built in feel ... The idea was if you in movies and you select special features I wanted it to appear as if it was built in part of the movie library so the category is set to movies but it is still linked as a file the same with tv shows... So I will get that switched hopefully by the morning.

And you right the specialfeatures.widget will only work in the library becuase it is filled with the current listitem...
If you want to use it on the home menu you will need to use one of the other 3 static paths I listed which will show all movies and tvshows with extras, or just movies or just tvshows.

I may can make a path where u specify the listitem... But you will need to know the available movies so not to get a failed path.

Or would you prefer a random widget one that picks one movie or TV show with special features at random, one that will select just a random movie and one that will select a random TV show?^ will take a little while to implement and definitely need testing. Only down side I see is if doing this some or for me most movies only has one bonus feature so then you wasting a widget for one clip or disc.
Shield TV | Windows 10 | Mariadb | Mii Box
Evolve Ecosystem Repo | TV Melodies | Madnox Holiday Mod
Hi @smitchell6879

Wanted to give this a try as I have a sizeable Extras collection. I note on the first page you mention it should work with Krypton and probably Jarvis, but quickly scanning through the rest of the posts, I didn't see anybody else reporting the same issue.

I am using v17.6 on Win 10 but I just get the usual "Check Log for errors" message. I have restarted Kodi twice and tested.

This is what I found in the log... Full log here... https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/NzkBNdjY8r/

cpp:
16:29:17.752 T:9248 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named PIL
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\plugin.py", line 3, in <module>
from PIL import Image
ImportError: No module named PIL
-->End of Python script error report<--
16:29:17.765 T:9248 INFO: Python script stopped
16:29:17.765 T:9248 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 9248 terminating
16:29:17.772 T:9044 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.specialfeatures/
16:29:17.772 T:9044 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.specialfeatures/) failed
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-03-10, 04:45)jurialmunkey Wrote: Looking good so far and everything pretty much seems to be working well! Big Grin

Only thing I noticed was that if you go in through the addon, and then browse a tvshow, the content stays as tvshows rather than switching to episodes or videos (works perfectly from info dialog, but not from within the addon).

EDIT: Seems SpecialFeatures.Widget only works in the library and not for widgets on the home screen. Not sure if there is a way around this?
Maybe you can check to see if the SkinHelper widget container property is set and use that to get the current widget container on the home screen
I'm guessing this will only be necessary on Krypton and not on Leia (because referencing specific container ids is not necessary in Leia).
I've actually patched that already for a few skins... which skin are you having issues with?
(2018-03-10, 07:40)evertiro Wrote:

I've actually patched that already for a few skins... which skin are you having issues with?

I'm sorry I don't understand. Why would either of these be a skin specific issue?

Issue 1:
Go to "Video Add-ons" and launch the special features plug-in.
Open "Tv Show Extras".
The special features plug-in sets Container.Content(tvshows) which is fine for this level of the library.
HOWEVER, when you click on any of the tvshows, the content type is NOT updated to Container.Content(episodes).
Instead, Special Features keeps the content type as "tvshows".
This is problematic because playable content should use either "episodes", "videos", or "movies".
Plug-ins setting the correct content type is important because this is how skins determine what viewmodes to display.

Issue 2: From the Home screen, if I launch the info of a movie/tvshow, I cannot get SpecialFeatures.Widget for that item.
I am using SpecialFeatures.Widget property to display a list of all the Extras inside the info dialog.
This does not work on the home screen.
I assume this is because you need some property to tell SpecialFeatures what Container(ID).ListItem to check.
SkinHelper gets around this issue by having skins set a property with the ID of the current container.
I suggested SpecialFeatures reuse that property to grab the current container ID for the Home screen.
This will allow SpecialFeatures.Widget to be filled for the current home screen item also.
Arctic Fuse - Alpha now available. Support me on Ko-fi.
(2018-03-10, 08:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:

I'm sorry I don't understand. Why would either of these be a skin specific issue?

Issue 1: Go to "Video Add-ons" and launch special features add-on. Open "Tv Show Extras". This will set Container.Content(tvshows). Then click on any tvshow to display all the special features. However, the content type stays on Container.Content(tvshows). Instead, it should change to Container.Content(episodes) so that the episodes viewmodes will become available.

Issue 2: From the Home screen, if I launch the info of a movie/tvshow, I cannot get SpecialFeatures.Widget for that item. I am using SpecialFeatures.Widget property to display a list of all the Extras inside the info dialog. This does not work on the home screen. I assume this is because you need some property to tell SpecialFeatures what Container(ID).ListItem to check. SkinHelper gets around this issue by having skins set a property with the ID of the current container. I suggested SpecialFeatures out to reuse that property to grab the current container ID for the Home screen. This will allow SpecialFeatures.Widget to be filled for the current home screen item also. 
 I might not be understanding you actually... I was referring to the second issue (first is obviously not a skin issue). I'd replicated similar behavior with several skins while putting together patches that was due to a quirk in how the widget was being called in the skin. It's distinctly possible that this isn't the case in your situation though.
(2018-03-10, 07:37)Karellen Wrote: Hi @smitchell6879

Wanted to give this a try as I have a sizeable Extras collection. I note on the first page you mention it should work with Krypton and probably Jarvis, but quickly scanning through the rest of the posts, I didn't see anybody else reporting the same issue.

I am using v17.6 on Win 10 but I just get the usual "Check Log for errors" message. I have restarted Kodi twice and tested.

This is what I found in the log... Full log here... https://paste.ubuntu.com/p/NzkBNdjY8r/

cpp:
16:29:17.752 T:9248 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
Error Contents: No module named PIL
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\Master\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.specialfeatures\plugin.py", line 3, in <module>
from PIL import Image
ImportError: No module named PIL
-->End of Python script error report<--
16:29:17.765 T:9248 INFO: Python script stopped
16:29:17.765 T:9248 DEBUG: Thread LanguageInvoker 9248 terminating
16:29:17.772 T:9044 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.specialfeatures/
16:29:17.772 T:9044 ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.specialfeatures/) failed

@KarellenSorry the first part of the error should be fixed... I am running Kodi 18 on windows 10 and am not getting, I think that is going to be the cause of the getdirectory error as well, but I maybe wrong once I update it if you don't mind trying it again and reporting back if it errors out.

As far as Jarvis I don't even have Jarvis setup anymore so I do not know if it will run on that or not.

(2018-03-10, 08:03)jurialmunkey Wrote:

Issue 1:
Go to "Video Add-ons" and launch the special features plug-in.
Open "Tv Show Extras".
The special features plug-in sets Container.Content(tvshows) which is fine for this level of the library.
HOWEVER, when you click on any of the tvshows, the content type is NOT updated to Container.Content(episodes).
Instead, Special Features keeps the content type as "tvshows".
This is problematic because playable content should use either "episodes", "videos", or "movies".
Plug-ins setting the correct content type is important because this is how skins determine what viewmodes to display.

Issue 2: From the Home screen, if I launch the info of a movie/tvshow, I cannot get SpecialFeatures.Widget for that item.
I am using SpecialFeatures.Widget property to display a list of all the Extras inside the info dialog.
This does not work on the home screen.
I assume this is because you need some property to tell SpecialFeatures what Container(ID).ListItem to check.
SkinHelper gets around this issue by having skins set a property with the ID of the current container.
I suggested SpecialFeatures reuse that property to grab the current container ID for the Home screen.
This will allow SpecialFeatures.Widget to be filled for the current home screen item also.

@jurialmunkey
Issuse #1 the content will still display tvshows at the top so it will be tvshows/specialfeatures.... because that is what your looking at extras of a show as a whole but I did change the content type to episodes for you the only way you will catch the diffence is by changing the view. I had left it as tvshows to give the use more view options where as episodes view on estuary limits you to only 3 options.

Issue #2
Thanks for the tip I had forgot about that it has been a while since I skinned and I didn't check it on the home screen so ... It should be working now for the info dialog as well as the context menu.

https://github.com/smitchell6879/plugin.video.specialfeatures/releases/tag/2.0.5

That should cover most issues described. If anymore please report back Thanks

Also I will be coming up with a Small Media Flag as will that can be used with a image controls
xml:
<visibile>Winodw(home).Property(SpecialFeatures.Visible)</visible>
I will add it to the resource folder in the near future. That way while browsing the library you will not need to press info or context menu to see if you have extras for a particular movie or tvshow.
Just a FYI I found a bug running Kodi 17 with centralize DB... I have already push a fix to GitHub under Testing SF branch. This will be included in the next update to the alpha branch. Sorry for any inconveniences I just caught this on my Android box as I had said I have been testing with Kodi 18 and had not had the issue prior.
@smitchell6879

Just downloaded and installed plugin.video.specialfeatures-2.0.5.zip on v17.6. All working. Thanks Smile
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@smitchell6879

I have all my Extras setup in accordance with the requirements for Add-on:Extras... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras

Most of my library uses the preserved Bluray and DVD folders structure. This add-on is not locating the Extras folder in those preserved Bluray and DVD structures. Are you requiring a different location for the Extras folder? That requires a fairly big change to the library.

A minor thought, when exporting the snfo file, is it possible to export all available tags, even if they are empty? Just makes it a bit easier to quickly open up the file and add missing information.
My Signature
(2018-03-10, 23:46)Karellen Wrote: @smitchell6879

I have all my Extras setup in accordance with the requirements for Add-on:Extras... https://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:Extras

Most of my library uses the preserved Bluray and DVD folders structure. This add-on is not locating the Extras folder in those preserved Bluray and DVD structures. Are you requiring a different location for the Extras folder? That requires a fairly big change to the library.

A minor thought, when exporting the snfo file, is it possible to export all available tags, even if they are empty? Just makes it a bit easier to quickly open up the file and add missing information.

I have it set up so that the extras folder should be in the root of the movie folder even for Blu-ray or DVD structure example is in the ReadMe. So yes it is different from Extras Add-on. Personally idk why the Extras add-on moved there location even deeper into the folder structure the original Video Extras were in the root as I have with this add-on. I know the next thing you will say is for compatibility and easy of switch to make mine like their's but for what I am providing; you will be asking for a entire rewrite and I am not going to do that It would be easier for them change theirs back to the it was to begin with. With my add-on I provide you with a database that keeps all the metadata for your extras to be presented in a cleaner way, along with the .snfo file being exportable from the database or you can edit the items without exporting due to the database. I will also be adding more widgets in the future and more tag support. You should find this add-on to provides you with a more integrated feel when in the library.. and once skinners add the media flag for it you will not have to use the context menu or info dialog to see if you have extras it should appear with the rest of the flags.

As for the snfo I will be adding more tags in the furture. Right now it only supports the 3 tags as I felt they where the most important for sorting but as this picks up more users I will add more in addon support for editing more tags along with artwork and add more sort methods if applicable. Also with the sfno i am sure my still have bugs as well i need to spend more time one them as i was just trying to get them up an running, I didn't add any tolerance or errors if you make them yourself. That will have to be added.
Ok, understand. Where is the ReadMe? I've looked on the first page of this thread and at your Github site and I don't see it.
My Signature
(2018-03-11, 01:42)Karellen Wrote: Ok, understand. Where is the ReadMe? I've looked on the first page of this thread and at your Github site and I don't see it.
 It's in the Github repo (maybe there should be a direct link somewhere in the first post?)

https://github.com/smitchell6879/plugin..../README.md

EDIT: The section you're looking for is under the 'Setup' heading.
Thank you @evertiro

A direct link will be useful for us that are not completely fluent with Github Smile
My Signature
@Karellen

I have updated the 1st post with the link @evertiro provided. There is also a copy of the readme in the add-on folder on your local machine as well as a changelog if you r interested in new features and changes that take place.
Thanks @smitchell6879 Smile
My Signature
  • 5(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special Features1