Linux Help regarding setting up kodi as default on Linux Mint
I was not able to set kodi as default for videos in preferred applications..after that I tried to right click on video and open with but kodi was not available there, added /usr/bin/kodi manually, it set kodi as default but when I open video it just open kodi, not open & play video (Videos are playing properly when I play them inside from kodi).. please help me on this..
If you just want a simple player to play videos individually on Ubuntu, then Kodi is probably not the best choice. There are smaller and faster starting video players, like MPV or VLC.

Kodi is designed as a multimedia client application, and shouldn't be started/exited for one video at the time. You need to get more information on Kodi to get the best results. See the 'first time user' link at the bottom of this post.
As said Kodi won't open and automatically play a video.  What I do is have Kodi open on the second desktop and use the vGet Cast (DLNA Controller) for Google Chrome and cast a video direct to Kodi.  It is a particularly useful addon if you have multiple Kodi devices.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help regarding setting up kodi as default on Linux Mint0