Solved Auto frame-rate switching is broken in the latest nightly
(2018-08-23, 13:41)marcaurellexxx Wrote: I just tried an old nightlie : kodi-20180712-91822241-master-arm64-v8a.apk
same problem on nvidia shield , auto framerate doesn't work.
I m really surprised nobody report this problem since all this time Sad

I'm really surprised that nobody read but only write....
You MUST select your desired resolutions and refresh rates in Whitelist otherwise NO switch.
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
For all, please read:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2734867

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2735070
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
ok guys , thank u very much !!!
I  dont read the other post sry !

So , I selected in the whitelist all the res/Refresh rate available (2160p all refresh rate : 60--->23.976 and  1080p also)
it seems to be ok but :

-when I m playing uhd movie , no problem , refresh rate ok , resolution UHD ok on tv.

-when I try to play full hd movie file : refresh rate ok BUT resolution of my TV change to 1080p.

With previous version of kodi  (17.6) , all my full HD file was readen without the change of resolution , my TV stayed in 2160p.
why this behaviour now ?

edit : ok I read the other read thread and the explanation  :
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=331840&page=4
But I think there s a big problem now  :
also I ve some  very old file (only in 720p or less !!!) and unfortunately , I cant see this resolution in white list so no switching framerate.
I had absolutely no problem during many years with kodi and autoframerate worked perfectly without whitelist.
I understand it s good now because upscale can be made by the TV , but if no white list enabled , many files (especially old files with small resolution 720p or less) can't be read smoothly cos no resolution/refresh rate appear in white list Sad
This is the third thread that you highjack without ANY logfiles provided. Stop that! Nobody is working on this issue.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
ok , sorry Sad
Since Kodi 18 version 20180924 the Video juddering / stuttering problems are finally SOLVED. Update your Kodi installation.
Hey there, guys...

Upto approximately nightly version 20180916, automatic resolution switching including switching from Rec. 709 to Rec.2020 w/ or w/o HDR worked perfectly! (Kodi on nVidia ShieldTV)

Starting approximately nightly version 20180921 (sorry, I don't know exactly which nightly started this), switching resolution works, but "up"-switching to Rec.2020 w/ HDR no longer works. :-( I've had to downgrade to 20180916.

Is this bug known already?

Many thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Onbekend
(2018-09-26, 21:55)Onbekend Wrote: Hey there, guys...

Upto approximately nightly version 20180916, automatic resolution switching including switching from Rec. 709 to Rec.2020 w/ or w/o HDR worked perfectly! (Kodi on nVidia ShieldTV)

Starting approximately nightly version 20180921 (sorry, I don't know exactly which nightly started this), switching resolution works, but "up"-switching to Rec.2020 w/ HDR no longer works. :-( I've had to downgrade to 20180916.

Is this bug known already?

Many thanks in advance!

Greetings,

Onbekend
Do you have the HDMI of your Nvidia Shield setted to Rec. 709?
Yes!... Correct... nVidia Shield is set to Rec.709 12-bit 422 4k 60 Hz...
SDR Films are switched in their resolution perfectly, e.g. HD Rec 709 24 FPS, bit depth remains at 12-bit 422 (which of course is good!).
In previous KODI versions, as stated above, it would then automatically switch to 4k Rec. 2020 SDR/HDR ist such a file was played.
Now, this is not done. 
Rec. 2020 HDR File is played at 4k but with Rec.709 w/o HDR (obviously).

Curiously enough: 
if I set nVidia shield to Rec 2020 SDR, then Rec2020 HDR is not played with HDR, but with SDR, albeight still with Rec2020.
Maybe someone can just check:
In the latest nightlies, in the whitelist, fractional frequencies are not available in the arm64 Kodi version,
but it shows correctly in the arm 32-bit version.
Shows fine for me
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto frame-rate switching is broken in the latest nightly3