RDP black screen problem
I'm posting this here on the off-chance that someone else has had this problem and managed to sort it. As it happens, this is nothing to do with XBMC, just windows.

I am currently on Win 7 and use my laptop to RDP into the HTPC so I can make changes to XBMC, files, skins etc, while her indoors is watching Eastenders.

When I end my session, I do this by running a batch file. This runs a command "tscon.exe 1 /dest:console" to avoid the windows login screen. But on ending my RDP session, the focus does not return to the TV. I just get a black screen.

I'm running an ATI 3400 with a DVI-HDMI dongle, HDMI'd into the TV. Running CCC 10.4.

Has anyone had this problem and managed to sort it?
There is a way to get multiple sessions of RDP on win7. It involves a bit of work but a quick google should find it.

This is what I use. The one session runs XBMC 24/7 and isn't touched. The other I can remote into and do whatever I want and it won't affect the main session.
CatalystG Wrote:There is a way to get multiple sessions of RDP on win7. It involves a bit of work but a quick google should find it.

This is what I use. The one session runs XBMC 24/7 and isn't touched. The other I can remote into and do whatever I want and it won't affect the main session.

Now this sounds interesting Big Grin
......and it works.

Thanks CatalystG for the suggestion. Awesome.

I can now RDP into the HTPC and make changes WHILE XBMC is still running and even playing HD video!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
RDP black screen problem1