iMon 16x2 VFD display driver for XBMC for Windows
Hi there! I downloaded the tool. But I get error message: connection forcefully rejected. As far as i know firewall isn't blocking the program...
Any ideas or help? Thanks!
ChefChoco!

It talks to XBMC WEB server on http://localhost:80. Please check that XBMC and its WEB server is active and using port 80.
Does it display anything on the VFD?

MrZ
OK. that helped Smile

next problem... Smile

connection failed (-256) under status VFD

For your info, I have an Chieftec HT01 case, it comes with a build-in imon vfd display. Hope you can help! Smile
Hi ChefChoco!
I recently made a clean system install using the 7.20.0502 iMon release at http://www.soundgraph.com/Eng_/Supports/...leftMenu=1 and it works like a charm on my VFD. Webgonzo had problems with his and found out that there are different VFD versions and that the supplied SG_VFD.DLL does NOT support all variants.
You can download the whole API on page 2 including a demo application. If that one talks with your VFD my program should as well.
Also remember to deactivate iMon manager before you try.

BTW, lovely case you got.
Hi!
Just installed XBMC and found this tool while searching for imon remote help in the forum, works great with 7.40.0806 too Smile
thx alot mrz for making this nice application
having major problems, cant get the vfd to run at all (except with front view on) do i copy the SG_VFD.DLL from the imon folder to the vfdsource folder or the other way round?

what is the difference between
VFDSource.zip

and

VB_VFD.zip

do i need both?

What does the imon API do? i have it but dont know where to put it, i click the .exe and it fails (already in use) etc

i have tried lots of the imon versions none have worked so far, all giving different error msgs i.e. connection forcefully rejected, connection failed (-256), connection failed (-0) etc

XBMC is running with port 80 no password

i need a step by step guide and some definate imon versions that work as im really pulling my hair out over this (its day 2 of attepting to make it work)

any help would be great

thanks
Hi!

You only need the VB_VFD.zip. Unzip all to one folder and run from there. You don't need to copy DLLs around.
The API on Soundgraphs dowload area allows you to test if you have a supported VFD or not. Just unzip to a folder and run the demo. If the API does not work neither will the VB_VFD unfortunately, because I'm using the same calls. So test the API first and remember to configure the iMon program FrontView/Common to Never.

MrZ
Does not work on mine.. probably different API.. Whan can be done?
Loved this, the only problem is though when i switch from my media center to the tv. It shuts down the pc. Is there a way that I can disregard the shutdown command or just have it go to sleep?

Great work though. Worked as soon as I enabled the settings under network to port 80.
Thanks again
The download link seems to be non working. Anyone got a mirror or could send me the needed files?
HTPC: ZBOX-ID41 running OpenElec with Logitech Harmony remote.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
TV: Samsung UE75ES9005
Hi,

I tested this program but i can't get it to work on my anctec fusion v2 case.

socket, xbmc and vfd are all green squares in the vfd gui.

vfd says "ok 257".

But the vfd-display is completley black.

Have i missed something?

Just activated xbmc web server on port 80 and started VFDServer.exe.

Thanks in advance
I got this working today using iMON Manager 7.40.0806 (CoolerMaster).

Unlike the instructions said tough I had to set it to the PlugIn mode on iMON Utilities/FrontView and keep the Run FrontView When iMON Starts setting as Automatic. I guess Always would have worked as well, but setting to Never didn't work. The driver couldn't connect to the VFD.
NAS: Lian Li Cube, MSI P55-CD53, Intel I7-880, 16GB RAM, 23x 2TB WD drives @ RAID6, 500GB Samsung, Ubuntu Linux.
If you guys need, we have alternative API here

http://www.imonplugin.com/node/26

Cheers
Also after getting thsi to work the power switch on my remote doesn't seem to work any more? It works for starting the box by remote but not for shutdown? Is this normal for some reason and is there any workaround so I can still shutdown via remote or must I disable this driver?
same problem. connection failed (-256) - small box are red, the two other are green.
Hardware: silverstone LC20M Imon (OEM VFD Type-A)
I try Imon Software version 6.20 and higher.

any idea, thanks for help

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iMon 16x2 VFD display driver for XBMC for Windows0