How to add a video source and login to a share with a user name on a domain?
How the heck do I configure the username/login in Kodi's add source dialog/configuration when I must use a login that is associated with a domain?

I want to browse the download folder on my Windows laptop, which have a domain configured to the network connection.

I can login perfectly fine via the file manager in Linux Mint, using as an example: smb://192.168.1.133/Users/Naugas/Downloads and then in the pop-up window fill in three things - Username:Naugas Domain:MyDomain Password:MyPassword
Everything works great then.

But how do I fill in my username and domain in the "Add video source" or "Add network location" configuration in Kodi? There is no field for domain there, only username and password. Only Naugas doesn't work as username. Naugas@MyDomain doesn't work either. I've been googling samba information and manuals for a considerable time without finding any hint, and in the kodi information I didn't find anything. It's probably something really simple, but I can't get it to work.
I guess that's because the task for a linux machine to access a windows domain has nothing to do with Kodi and its way to add sources. A domain access is done via the network settings. So you have to see how you are able to connect your machine to the windows domain you created on the laptop.

What you can try, if you are able to access it via the mint file browser, is to use system mounts and create an entry in the fstab to mount the shares at boot. After that you are able to use a 'lokal' folder on your mint installation as the source.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to add a video source and login to a share with a user name on a domain?0