Screen Sharing used as secondary screen?
Is it possible currently, or with an update in the future, to utilize OSX Screen Sharing as a secondary screen? One of the features I enjoy with XBMC is that it updates your movie file info while running, versus having to run a backend program or iTunes. However, I can't just leave XBMC running if I want to rip a DVD, manage downloads in Transmission, etc.

It would be a great feature I'm sure for many (based on the results of the recent survey), if the Screen Sharing feature were able to actually function as a second monitor.
No, the way OS X using screen sharing is to just mirror a screen. Even with ARD if you try and view a computer with two screens both will come up in the window.
iordonez Wrote:... Even with ARD if you try and view a computer with two screens both will come up in the window.

Not quite true. ARD allows several options, not just one. You can view both screens, screen 1, or screen 2.
Either way you cant make ARD the second display when you only have one physical display attached.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Screen Sharing used as secondary screen?0