• 15(current)
CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error
Good idea to have the choice for the HNIC setting,  I enabled the hockey switch so I can at least still use it as a guide to see what games are going to be on and when.

Can you explain what the blackout detection is so others can understand what it does (including myself)
(2021-11-14, 14:33)barney63 Wrote: Good idea to have the choice for the HNIC setting,  I enabled the hockey switch so I can at least still use it as a guide to see what games are going to be on and when.

Can you explain what the blackout detection is so others can understand what it does (including myself)

Blackout detection is when the addon gets this response from the CBC website:

<seq>
<ref abstract="This content is not available in your location." src="http://link.theplatform.com/s/errorFiles/Unavailable.mp4" title="Geographic Restriction">
<param name="isException" value="true"/>
<param name="exception" value="GeoLocationBlocked"/>
<param name="responseCode" value="403"/>
</ref>
</seq>

It means that the video or Live Stream isn't available in our area, typically outside of Canada.  I get it for some video on demand and Live Events.  I could change the description from Blacked out to Geographic Restriction or similar.

I did upload a new version 1.0.0g .   It has a pretty cool new feature where it will add (Published) to the end of Live Events if the CBC website has published the URL information.  So you can quickly see which events have been published vs. which ones they will eventually publish.  The default is disabled in the settings but I suggest enabling it and let me know what you think.  I like the feature.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
I am curious to know approximately how much content you are able to see that isn't geolocked, 50%, less?  I just want to know you are able to get some use out of this addon.  What live streams have worked for you that you can see?

I have the published feature on and it is working. 

I also discovered that when I get the audio but no video issue (which happens a fair amount), if I hit the ESC key on my keyboard the video comes back
(2021-11-14, 17:29)barney63 Wrote: I am curious to know approximately how much content you are able to see that isn't geolocked, 50%, less?  I just want to know you are able to get some use out of this addon.  What live streams have worked for you that you can see?

I have the published feature on and it is working. 

I also discovered that when I get the audio but no video issue (which happens a fair amount), if I hit the ESC key on my keyboard the video comes back

The content I can see seems to be thematic.  I can typically see Rugby but not Soccer, for example.  Let me know how you like the published feature.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2021-11-15, 01:21)jbinkley60 Wrote: The content I can see seems to be thematic.  I can typically see Rugby but not Soccer, for example.  Let me know how you like the published feature.
Sorry to be so thick, but I'm not sure what the published feature is supposed to do or how I am supposed to use that knowledge.  I understand what you said (below)   Does it mean if the URL is published the event will work and if it isn't published it will not work or it is still waiting to be published?  I am misunderstanding something about the purpose it serves

I did upload a new version 1.0.0g .   It has a pretty cool new feature where it will add (Published) to the end of Live Events if the CBC website has published the URL information.  So you can quickly see which events have been published vs. which ones they will eventually publish. 
(2021-11-15, 02:50)barney63 Wrote:
(2021-11-15, 01:21)jbinkley60 Wrote: The content I can see seems to be thematic.  I can typically see Rugby but not Soccer, for example.  Let me know how you like the published feature.
Sorry to be so thick, but I'm not sure what the published feature is supposed to do or how I am supposed to use that knowledge.  I understand what you said (below)   Does it mean if the URL is published the event will work and if it isn't published it will not work or it is still waiting to be published?  I am misunderstanding something about the purpose it serves

I did upload a new version 1.0.0g .   It has a pretty cool new feature where it will add (Published) to the end of Live Events if the CBC website has published the URL information.  So you can quickly see which events have been published vs. which ones they will eventually publish. 

Published means that the URL returned by the CBC website is not /sports but is a valid URL.  You can still get a stream not started response because the event hasn't started or I might get a blackout message because the event has started but is unavailable here.  But events which aren't published will not work because /sports isn't valid for parsing of the stream data.  If you click on any events which aren't published you will get an invalid URL message.  If I disable the URL check then you'd get a No mediaId message instead but it wouldn't work either way.

The goal was to help folks from clicking on things which aren't published just to get an invalid mediaId message.  I had thought about changing it so that only published events were displayed but when I coded that earlier there were on 11 events so I thought the (Published) indicator would be better.  As CBC updates their website this week more events will show up as published.

I hope this makes sense. 

Jeff
(2021-11-15, 04:30)jbinkley60 Wrote: Published means that the URL returned by the CBC website is not /sports but is a valid URL.  You can still get a stream not started response because the event hasn't started or I might get a blackout message because the event has started but is unavailable here.  But events which aren't published will not work because /sports isn't valid for parsing of the stream data.  If you click on any events which aren't published you will get an invalid URL message.  If I disable the URL check then you'd get a No mediaId message instead but it wouldn't work either way.

The goal was to help folks from clicking on things which aren't published just to get an invalid mediaId message.  I had thought about changing it so that only published events were displayed but when I coded that earlier there were on 11 events so I thought the (Published) indicator would be better.  As CBC updates their website this week more events will show up as published.

I hope this makes sense.
Ok, thanks for the explanation, I understand now.  I'm getting older, the ol' brain cells don't work as well as they used to Smile

I still like the use of a switch for these settings, as I said if it doesn't work it can still act as a schedule and if I have to I can go to the website or the CBC addon, if it is playing there.  It is still more convenient to do it this way with the CBC Sports addon than going to the website.

So what's left?
I think we are good for a while.  The only things I'd eventually like to do is maybe get Hockey Night working and maybe add a little more logging in the video on demand section in case CBC makes website changes in the future it will be easier to debug.   Overall it's come a ways recently and I like where the addon is at now with regards to features and operation.  I appreciate all of the assistance. You've been a big help.

Thanks,

Jeff
@jbinkley60

Whatever you need just ask, I'm at this site all the time.  Addon is great, way better than expected, and serves a real need.  Thanks
At some point in the near future I will submit the addon to the official Kodi repository so folks can get automatic updates.  I'll post version 1.0.1 later this week with the additional logging and then plan to submit that version to Kodi.

Jeff
@jbinkley60

I noticed everything is Published up until 11/22/2021 except for:
11/20/2021 USports Cross Country National Championship Mens 8k
11/21/2021 CBC Sports Late Night Road to the Olympic Games ISU Speed Skating Stavanger
11/21/2021 CBC Sports Late Night Road to the Olympic Games IBSF WC Bobsleigh Innsbruck

Even the two HNIC games on 11/20/2021 are Published.  There's a lot of content showing Published Smile
(2021-11-19, 14:45)barney63 Wrote: @jbinkley60

I noticed everything is Published up until 11/22/2021 except for:
11/20/2021 USports Cross Country National Championship Mens 8k
11/21/2021 CBC Sports Late Night Road to the Olympic Games ISU Speed Skating Stavanger
11/21/2021 CBC Sports Late Night Road to the Olympic Games IBSF WC Bobsleigh Innsbruck

Even the two HNIC games on 11/20/2021 are Published.  There's a lot of content showing Published Smile

I saw that too.  The CBC folks must have been busy.  I posted version 1.0.1 this morning and have submitted it to the official Kodi repository. 

Here's a full set of features / updates since 1.0.0:
  • Added alternate mediaId parsing for Live events
  • Added mediaId validation for primary and secondary parsing
  • Improved displaying of Live Event and VoD metadata
  • Added setting for limiting the number of Live Events displayed
  • Added detection for geographic blackout of streams
  • Added setting to adjust notification timeout for live events
  • Added option to not display Hockey Night in Canada Live Events which currently do not work.
  • Added option to display which Live Events have published stream information.

Note with this version if you have the Published feature enabled it also adds a log file entry when you browse the Live Events.  Here's an example log entry:

2021-11-19 10:56:12.599 T:22188    INFO <general>: CBC Sports live events published: 63 of 100 events.

The 100 will correspond to how many are displayed, which is governed by the Display Live Event setting for how many to display. 

Also note that the Kodi gods may want me to tweak something before they publish to the repository.  If so I won't change the version number but will upload the changes.  Once it is in the repository you can get updates via the Kodi autoupdate method or directly from GitHub like you are now.

Jeff
Have just put 1.0.1 through its paces, spectrum is green.  All is well.
I have uploaded a modified version of version 1.0.1 due to some requests from the Kodi team for submission to the Kodi repository.    You are welcome to download and test this version or wait till it is in the Kodi repository.  My thanks to Barney63 for helping me test the modifications.

Jeff
If folks are having an issue displaying Live Events right now on the CBC Sports website the issue is a bad time format coming from CBC for the first Live Event in the list.  It is a typo on their website.  The end time for the first event is missing a colon in the time. 

stt"12/01/2021 11:15 EST"
end"12/01/2021 1730 EST"

stt is the start time and end is the end time.  You can see the missing colon.

I've added a check / fix for it in version 1.0.2f .  This is a test release but addresses the issue.  The fix will be rolled into the 1.0.2 production release.

Thanks,

Jeff
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CBC Sports "Stream Not Available" Error0