[RELEASE] South Park (Video) Plugin

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
BlueCop Offline
Skilled Python Coder
I am attempting to fix this script.

I have corrected the streaming rtmp urls and playpaths. they now play but for like 10 seconds then i get a forced disconnect from their server.

i am not sure what check is going on that is causing this to fail. i was looking for some help diagnosing the problem.

DEBUG: RTMP_LIB::CRTMP::ReadN, RTMP socket closed by server

ERROR: RTMP_LIB::CRTMP::ReadPacket, failed to read RTMP packet header

here is the script. its just hack job
http://www.mediafire.com/?odedrzg1tgy
find quote
JaYhoVA Offline
Yeah this problem happens to me too. It loads every episode and starts to play for like 10-15 secs. then it just disconnects. I really hope this gets fixed cuz this would be the best and most used plugin. It would be so easy to watch southpark. But for now I just use Veoh to watch southpark but the problem with that is they are not usually titled correctly. Keep up the great work guys I love the plugin work you guys do.
find quote
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
JaYhoVA Wrote:Yeah this problem happens to me too. It loads every episode and starts to play for like 10-15 secs. then it just disconnects. I really hope this gets fixed cuz this would be the best and most used plugin. It would be so easy to watch southpark. But for now I just use Veoh to watch southpark but the problem with that is they are not usually titled correctly. Keep up the great work guys I love the plugin work you guys do.

Anyone got this working for longer than 10-15 secs?

find quote
Skindred Offline
Any update yet??
find quote
elypter Offline
In germany there is the site southpark.de wich looks exactly the same, and therefore i think it will also work the same. i tried to modify the script to work for southpark.de. I looked at several xml-files and found that the video-urls use rtmpe. eg
rtmpe://cp40493.edgefcs.net/ondemand/mtvnorigin/gsp.comedystor/com/sp/season_13/1314/acts/sp_1314_act3_1280x720_1200.mp4

This protocol uses DRM shit and is not supported by xbmc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protected_Streaming

if someone finds a workaround or xbmc supports rtmpe somedays
here is how to get the urls
1. wget the site eg: http://www.southpark.de/alleEpisoden/1314/
2. find this url in swfobject.embedSWF("http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:hcx:content:southparkstudios.de:2f1d7984-b080-4674-9b6e-f305b06357cb"
3. open the url with firefox -> you should get the flash
4. the adress you were redirected to contains a CONFIG_URL=....
5. use the urllib.unquote function from python or something equivalent to make a working url out of it
6. wget this url
7. find tags like this <media:content url=
8. wget these urls
9. you will find these rtmpe urls

maybe it is not important wether you use firefox or wget.
find quote
whittaker007 Offline
I installed both the Southpark and Stansdad plugins and I can get episode listings for both, but I get a script error when I try to play an episode. Is this because I'm located outside of the US? If it is can I get around this with some kind of proxy?
find quote
Devin007 Offline
I, too, am having problems with the Stansdad plugin.. When I start it up, it loads a list of episodes, and when I choose one it opens that directory only to reveal another directory of the same name, when I select said directory, I am presented with a screen which tells me "Loading Directory" and "Retrieved 0 items".... It does nothing after that, and I end up having to reset my XBox... I can watch the episodes easily enough on the web, so I doubt it's because I'm outside the US, what else could be causing this?
find quote
Hudson_Hawk04 Offline
Posting Freak
was wondering about the status of this plugin? Its not in the repo installer so I figured i would ask.
find quote
angedelamort Offline
I was also looking for an update, but after checking on voinage page, it seems that it's not updated anymore:
http://code.google.com/p/voinage-xbmc-pl...loads/list

I wonder if we can get the stream from comedy central now?
find quote
matejdro Offline
None of this plugins are workning now (script error when trying to play episode).Sad

Any other way to watch south park on xbmc without downloading it to disk?
find quote
Basje Offline
Skilled Python Coder
I got Southpark.nl (dutch site) working on XBMC (will be in the XOT-Uzg.v3 addon the next release).

Due to copyright issues, I cannot access the sites of more countries. So if more countries want it then send me a fiddler trace of browsing the southpark site from your country. Just send me a PM and I will tell you where to send it.

find quote