Mac Mini: Video hardware/Settings missing?
I installed the XBMC on my macbook pro and mac mini and I cannot see any video hardware options on the mac mini.

Because of that I do not have any video settings like brightness, gamma or contrast available for playback.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
We removed a bunch of settings that really didn't do anything for the OS X version. If you want to set gamma, contrast, etc. for your mini do so in the

System Preferences -> Displays -> Color
Really? How come I can adjust brightness and contrast in XBMC on my macbook pro and I just do not have those settings? Is there a way to at least fine tune the image that way while playing a movie on the mac mini without going through Mac OSX System preferences?

It seems that XBMC just does not see any video card on the mini.
Are you running the same version on the Mini as on the Macbook Pro?
I had 0.1.6 on the macbook pro and the latest version on the mini. Brightness and contrast are the only options that work and change the picture on the macbook pro. Other options like gamma and filters are present but do not work.

I also tried 0.1.6 on the mini. The video settings were there, but the controls for brightness and contrast simply did not work or had any effect on the picture.
Yeah they were removed. All these options should be set in OS X or on your TV.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mac Mini: Video hardware/Settings missing?0