• 3(current)
XBMC LiveUSB (formerly "LiveXBMC") V2 is out
@l.capriotti
I don't believe you included the right xml's then. I just opened the xbmc.img, and double checked the DialogButtonMenu.xml files (16x9 and 4x3) and it's still original, and not using syscalls. I tried changing them myself, but when i try to inject it back into the image file, it error's and says it can't. Also because i also was trying to inject the Back-Row skin also (with shutdown changes). Shoot!!
Hi first thnx for LIVEXBMC !!!! im new on linux i try LiveXBMC v2 on its work very nice but how to make work microsoft mce remote on usb remote reciever i read this forum and its have to work on linux version but its not work on LiveXBMC v2 thnx for any help
djdafreund Wrote:@l.capriotti
I don't believe you included the right xml's then.

you are right! That's why I just released on sourceforge a new xbmc build (SVN12869) with the proper xml files... Big Grin
uncompress the new image file, rename xbmc.12869.img to xbmc.img and put it onto the flash disk!

Cheers
Luigi
lout Wrote:Hi first thnx for LIVEXBMC !!!! im new on linux i try LiveXBMC v2 on its work very nice but how to make work microsoft mce remote on usb remote reciever i read this forum and its have to work on linux version but its not work on LiveXBMC v2 thnx for any help

I'm not dead sure but I think you copy and paste this into your /etc/lirc/lircd.conf
And you probably need to do
# sudo /etc/init.d/lirc reload
# sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart

In ubuntu it asks you for which conf you want when installing it, that doesn't work here as we don't know Smile
I think we might need to create some form of setup wizzard for this somehow.
<EDIT>When I think of it that URL I posted might be for the older MCE remote. I have the newer and couldn't find that on there website (but I know it's there somewere) anywho: here's mine</EDIT>
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
Topfs2 Wrote:I'm not dead sure but I think you copy and paste this into your /etc/lirc/lircd.conf
And you probably need to do
# sudo /etc/init.d/lirc reload
# sudo /etc/init.d/lirc restart

In ubuntu it asks you for which conf you want when installing it, that doesn't work here as we don't know Smile
I think we might need to create some form of setup wizzard for this somehow.
<EDIT>When I think of it that URL I posted might be for the older MCE remote. I have the newer and couldn't find that on there website (but I know it's there somewere) anywho: here's mine</EDIT>
Thnx for quick reply ..problem for me its how to copy and paste in to /etc/lirc/lircd.conf i just get the login but that is all i know thats why i chose LiveXBMC i dont know linux
Sorry for the noob question but how exactly can i use the downloaded LiveXBMCV2.12835.7z file ?
l.capriotti,

Booted up first time here. Bootup in 45 secs.
Hardware:
AMD X2 BE-2400
Nvidia 8600GTS
2GB RAM

I haven't tested any media yet as all mine is on the network and I need to setup the network settings.

Just one question....I want to change to a static IP address but can't find how to get to the command line. Should ALT-Fx keys work to get to a virtual console? OR is there another method? When you exit xbmc, it shuts down.

Thanks for a great tool,
John
OK, found it. Have to press CTRL-ALT-F[1-6] to get to virtual consoles - weird.

Once there, ALT-Fx key works as normal to get to others.

johnnygal Wrote:l.capriotti,

Booted up first time here. Bootup in 45 secs.
Hardware:
AMD X2 BE-2400
Nvidia 8600GTS
2GB RAM

I haven't tested any media yet as all mine is on the network and I need to setup the network settings.

Just one question....I want to change to a static IP address but can't find how to get to the command line. Should ALT-Fx keys work to get to a virtual console? OR is there another method? When you exit xbmc, it shuts down.

Thanks for a great tool,
John
I would like to report a success story for this. I downloaded the program and the image, installed it to a 512MB flash drive, and booted my computer off of it after making the necessary change for Intel graphics.
It did take almost 5 minutes sitting there with the X cursor before XBMC loaded. However, once it loaded, almost everything has run smoothly.
higher resolution videos play well, but the system is slow to respond to commands - but I attribute that to the slow processor on the system.

MSI 915GM Speedster motherboard (MoDt variety) with integrated Intel Video
Intel Celeron M 1.3Ghz
1GB DDR333 RAM

Specs on the modtherboard can be found here: linky

Great work!
l.capriotti, I just want to give you advice about the Image Creator.

When I use folders with spaces, the formatter and the image extractor don't work. I shall put all the files inside a folder without spaces in order to finish the process correctly.
plz someone with remote mce and LiveXBMC can send me step by step how to enable remote mce on LiveXBMC i dont know linux (mac user) thnx m
@lout: I will include a hook for lircd.conf in the next LiveXBMC release e.g. if lircd.conf will be put on the flash root it will be copied to the proper place.
Don't hold your breath, though...

@dCrypt: will check, tks for the bug report.

Luigi
atv-bootloader wiki updated to include a guide for creating a USB flash drive that will boot LiveXBMC on the AppleTV.

See http://code.google.com/p/atv-bootloader/...llLiveXBMC

Still working on getting a MS mce USB IR remote working. Everything (LIRC-wise) seems to be present, just does not seem to function.

Very nice so far. Nice job l.capriotti.
Ok first.
Shouldn't there be steps on how to do this in Linux?
I had to boot into Vista just to get this to work.
2nd.
There's no auto-detection of USB-sticks or other partitions. I had a really hard time configuring the fstab to include my USB Western Digital 500GB HDD, with the right permissions so I could actually read some files with xbmc.

Other than that. It seems to work ok. Smile
MaXMC Wrote:Ok first.
Shouldn't there be steps on how to do this in Linux?
I had to boot into Vista just to get this to work.
2nd.
There's no auto-detection of USB-sticks or other partitions. I had a really hard time configuring the fstab to include my USB Western Digital 500GB HDD, with the right permissions so I could actually read some files with xbmc.

Other than that. It seems to work ok. Smile

You can try this: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=165746&postcount=4
Although I had troubles with it on this build, but the previous worked great. So might have been me formating it wrong.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC LiveUSB (formerly "LiveXBMC") V2 is out3