HTPC goes to sleep during music playback
hey,
I have a windows 10 HTPC connected to reciever and from there to TV, so audio is going out on HDMI.
My compuer is set up to turn off screen after 15 minutes (cant disable this because it solves a crash issue I have when turning on the TV.)

When I play music in Kodi the screen turns off after 15 minutes as if the system is idle. It doesnt happen when I play a video, only music. Is there a way to prevent this from happening?
The problem could be either in Kodi or in Windows.

Please check the Power Saving settings in Kodi (System->Settings) whether it turns on the screensaver after 15 minutes.
In Windows there's a power setting that prevents the system going to sleep when sharing or playing media. It can be found in the advanced power settings, the bottom option "Multimedia settings":
I think all righthtinking people in this country are sick and tired of being told that ordinary, decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired.
hi, as I said windows indeed turns off the screen after 15 minutes but I must have this due to my setup.
playing music isnt enough for kodi to keep the screen alive like playing video?
Please try and report back:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HTPC goes to sleep during music playback0