CoreAVC binary DLL codec under XBMC's DVDPlayer?
pyrates Wrote:Not if the codec used is as inefficient as ffmpeg's h.264 decoder compared to corecodec's coreavc h.264 decoder.

Dude, I'm Running A Pentium M (which is SINGLE CORE) at 1.6 GHz and everything plays just fine with ffmpeg's h.264 encoder even the 1080p vids.

you must have too many programs on your computer running in the background.

i've tried coreavc, and it's not bad, however, if your comp is correctly setup and made in the last 5 years, then ffmpeg's codec should run fine.
isamu.dragon Wrote:Dude, I'm Running A Pentium M (which is SINGLE CORE) at 1.6 GHz and everything plays just fine with ffmpeg's h.264 encoder even the 1080p vids.
Shocked Are you serious? Shocked
isamu.dragon Wrote:Dude, I'm Running A Pentium M (which is SINGLE CORE) at 1.6 GHz and everything plays just fine with ffmpeg's h.264 encoder even the 1080p vids.

you must have too many programs on your computer running in the background.

i've tried coreavc, and it's not bad, however, if your comp is correctly setup and made in the last 5 years, then ffmpeg's codec should run fine.

I find this exceptionally hard to believe... the only way that could be the case is with Linux.
motd2k Wrote:I find this exceptionally hard to believe... the only way that could be the case is with Linux.

if you keep your computer cleanly running, meaning not many background apps, you can run 1080 video on a pentium 4 or even a pentium m. I run win xp. and dont run more than 4 background apps other than windows. My antivirus, Windows Live, google talk, and deamon tools.

when you limit what's installed you'll get better preformantce
lol. just lol. also a little bit sad.
Even more lol. *shakes head*
motd2k Wrote:I find this exceptionally hard to believe... the only way that could be the case is with Linux.

Yeah, agreed.
My Mediaserver box is a Pentium 4 with 2GB ram...I have a GTS250 video card but even that (with purevideo or DXVA) does not play 1080p content well at all compared to coreavc 2.0 with CUDA.

Really wish XBMC supported at least some decent HD decoder...oh well.
Back to Windows Media Center (lol) for now I guess.
surge Wrote:Really wish XBMC supported at least some decent HD decoder...oh well.
Back to Windows Media Center (lol) for now I guess.

Huh?

Search the forums for VDPAU (under Linux) or CrystalHD or DXVA.

The new DirectX Windows branch supports Broadcom's CrystalHD decoder with their DirectShow filter, and should support DXVA shortly, if it doesn't already.

VDPAU under Linux is simply awesome, and the AppleTV (and all platforms) will soon support the CrystalHD.

-Wes
I also think that XBMC should have any way to support external decoder, like CoreAVC. I would pay gladly 8€, to have CoreAVC running with XBMC. Not only CoreAVC is one of the best decoders, but also supports CUDA, wich, in my case, would reduce A LOT the CPU use. I don't think the "extra" cost would be a problem, for those who really want it. I would pay gladly another 8€ for the XBMC plugin, if it was available.

Hope to see it some day.

aLeX
What benefit does XBMC get from adding CoreAVC support?

The only benefit I see is that a limited number of users getting support for a paid codec

Why do we even need to spend time on CoreAVC when we have VDPAU right now, Dxvba soon, and ffmpeg-MT soonish. Also, you can already specify external players, so why not use an external player that is configured with CoreAVC?

CoreCodec has much more to gain than XBMC from the implementation of CoreAVC support. Maybe people should ask CoreAVC a compatibility patch for ffmpeg or to financially XBMC/ffmpeg
Actually, we should be able to use CoreAVC now with Tiben20's DSPlayer (DirectShow branch).

CoreAVC uses DirectShow filters.

I dunno, it should be trivial to implement. Tiben did it for the Broadcom CrystalHD DS filter pretty quickly.

-Wes

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
CoreAVC binary DLL codec under XBMC's DVDPlayer?0