Solved DTS passthrough not working?
Wink 
Sometimes a simple solution can be difficult. Smile It works, thank you. Smile
Thread marked solved.
Forum Rules (wiki) | Banned add-ons (wiki) | Wiki (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2018-03-12, 07:32)Tinwarble Wrote:
(2018-03-11, 23:13)Pete82 Wrote: Look:
https://ibb.co/nv32JS
https://ibb.co/d2sJsn 

You need to set the settings mode to Advance or Expert (where it shows Standard in your first pic), then select each individual supported codec.

Even in Expert view, there is not any option under Audio passthrough on my SONY 75X8500D. do you know what's wrong with it? Thanks in advance.
Can you please show your own screenshot.
(2018-03-23, 06:43)DaVu Wrote: Can you please show your own screenshot.
I took a picture but I don't know how to post it in thread. I clicked image icon but it seems not allow me to upload my picture from local HD.
upload it to imgur and post the link to it
Here is the image that I posted via Imgur, hopefully you can see it. Thanks.

Post your Debug Log - it will tell what it finds. If something analog is plugged in, kodi won't have PT devices.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-03-23, 17:59)fritsch Wrote: Post your Debug Log - it will tell what it finds. If something analog is plugged in, kodi won't have PT devices.
 You are right! The root cause is that I plugged in a subwoofer to headset jack.All the options under pass-through menu showed up after I pull out the subwoofer line from the headset jack. And DTS was played back by transcode to AC3 perfectly. Thanks a lot!
Thank you very much,  I did not see the the advanced section and now dts and all is working
(2018-02-25, 00:07)Pete82 Wrote: Hi guys,
NVidia Shield TV is connected to the receiver via hdmi. The Nvidia shield is running on Kodi 17.6 with audio passthrough activated. Dolby works as intended, whereas DTS doesn’t. What do I do to get DTS passthrough working?

Thanks

After doing all the reasonable settings I still couldn't get it to work, but then i found it how to fix it:
The solution for me was that I had to go to turn on expert option mode - you can select option mode on the bottom left of the screen while you are in settings - and then I had to check the "DTS compatible receiver" option, which was set to false by default.
(2018-03-24, 15:09)Friday007 Wrote:
(2018-03-23, 17:59)fritsch Wrote: Post your Debug Log - it will tell what it finds. If something analog is plugged in, kodi won't have PT devices.
 You are right! The root cause is that I plugged in a subwoofer to headset jack.All the options under pass-through menu showed up after I pull out the subwoofer line from the headset jack. And DTS was played back by transcode to AC3 perfectly. Thanks a lot! 
I have a Sony XBR X850C.  I'm running Kodi on the TV's OS (not an addon box).  Back when I used SPMC I had DTS, but not now.
Sync Playback to display is off.  2.0 Channels.  Expert mode.  Still no "DTS compatible receiver" option.

The only analog cabling is inputs, which for laughs I pulled out.  I'm passing the audio via HDMI ARC, does it consider that analog?
I'm stumped.  SPMC is too old to still be running.
No, it does not. See in your debug log your device does simply not support it. With luck, the internal hacked player does. If spmc works, the the shitty build will work with the same method. Warnings apply.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2020-05-26, 06:43)fritsch Wrote: No, it does not. See in your debug log your device does simply not support it. With luck, the internal hacked player does. If spmc works, the the shitty build will work with the same method. Warnings apply.

Sony's own Video app will passthrough DTS and the core of DTS-HD MA.  The hardware is fine.  It's a Kodi issue.
That said, Sony's app is barebones so avoided whenever possible.
You can repeat that as long as you want. Sony's app uses a private API to support DTS, while not supporting the official Audiotrack API to do so. Therefore: Use what they had in mind for you, which is what you paid for.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
DTS passthrough not working?0