• 2(current)
[RELEASE] ITV Catchup (Video) Plugin
WOW!!! you da man!!!

Cant wait to try!!!
Cheers, downloaded and going to give it a go.
working nicely here...thanksBig Grin
I'm running XBMC T3CH_2008-03-23 and get the following DEBUG when using latest V2, tried V1 as well and it will not run either. I was going to upgrade to latest T3CH until I saw comments about 23/3/08 build being stable.

I would love to try this - do I need to change anything?

Cheers

"Traceback (most recent call last):

File "Q:\scripts\The Best of ITV\default.py", line 488,
in ?
params=get_params()
Q:\scripts\The Best of ITV\default.py", line 338,
in get_params
paramstring=sys.argv[2]

IndexError; list index out of range"
upgrade to : T3CH XBMC 2008-04-20 SVN rev12746-REPACK

It is working now, i`m running v2 myself.
Make sure it`s a complete clean install.
Save your user data folder, test the plugin. Then copy your folder over to retain your settings.

You should be okay. Am running the above build myself with no problems from clean install.

Oh, and you are using the plugin as a script.

Copy the Best of Itv plugin to the xbmc\plugins\video dir

then go into video, select Add Source.
scroll down to video plugins, select the best of itv plugin. click ok. Enter name or leave as is. Click done.

It will then show up under videos.

Enjoy.

V
doh......big apologies, I'd even read the post from somone who had made the same mistake and it handn't sunk in what I was doing! I'll try now in the correct way.
Superb work Voinage,

Works a treat !

Thank you.
Big Grin 
I second that, after my stupid mistake its working a treat.

10 out of 10 for plugin voinage

10 out 10 for variety and quantity ITV

7 out 10 for quality of encoding ITV, but obviously made for streaming in a window on a pc - so forgiven. And secondly it streams well with no pauses so forgiven again.

another big big A+ for XBMC and the xbox1.

This, the xbox iplayer and XBMC make the xbox almost unbeatable as an all round entertainment device in the UK and for virtually nothing.
Cheers again :-D
massive thanks, only just got the time to give it a spin, its fantastic, thanks for the fruits of your labour.
Thank you. It`s appreciated.

Just noticed that some links are non functional. Will sort that over next week.
Rainbow 
Voinage Wrote:Thank you. It`s appreciated.

Just noticed that some links are non functional. Will sort that over next week.

Thanks again Voinage. Wink I appreciate it!
Can someone please direct me to or list a complete idiots guide on how to get this itv player to work on my xbmc, thank you
Rainbow 
deandhinsa Wrote:Can someone please direct me to or list a complete idiots guide on how to get this itv player to work on my xbmc, thank you

Firstly Wecome to the Forum! I notice it's your first post.

Ok - this version of the plugin is outdated. Use the one here:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=32908

You'll need to FTP into your xbox. To do this you'll need to know your IP address.

You can find your IP adress on PMIII skin by simply hovering over settings (it will display on the right). It will probably be something like 192.168.1.X (where X is a number between 1 and 255).

Grab your favourate FTP client (google flashFXP and download the trial or something).

You can simply use explorer/IE if you like....but it's kind of limited.

Under server/host put the Xboxes IP address. Port is the default (21) and username and password are both 'xbox' (and unless you've changed this).

Navigate to your XBMC folder (usually something like E:\Apps\XBMC\) and then goto:

\Plugins\Video\

extract the zip locally Copy accross the *contents* of the zip NB make*sure* that you copy the contents not the folder created by unzipping it:

that's to say the final path should be something like this:

Code:
Plugins\video\ITV\default.py
                        \default.tbn

NOT

Plugins\video\ITV\[b]ITV[/b]\default.py

Then it's a simple matter of navigating to the videos section , press the white button and choose 'add source'

goto 'Browse' > 'Video Plugins' > ITV

It will display the subcatagories (Best of A to Z etc) *don't* pick them, simply choose 'OK' (on both open dialogue windows).

That's you done.

To use it simply navigate to the videos section, choose ITV, then the section you want, then the program, then 'Watch-Now' starting with 'part1' if appropriate (ITV programs sometimes come in parts to skip the ads.)
Rainbow 
TheBoxMan Wrote:You can simply use explorer/IE if you like....but it's kind of limited.

If you're hellbent on using IE/explorer then in the address bar of either type:

ftp://192.168.1.x:21

it will prompt you for username and password which are both 'xbox'

Or alternatively if you want to make it a shortcut and are too lazy to type the username and password all the time you can type:

ftp://xbox:[email protected]:21

and that will log you in automagically.

(syntax then is ftp://username:password@serveripordomain:port )
Thank you for taking the time to reply , I shall give this a go and report back to you

Regards

Dean
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ITV Catchup (Video) Plugin2