• 3(current)
[RELEASE] ITV Catchup (Video) Plugin
Gets all the catchup plus the best of again.

Added the live streams of Itv 1 - 4.

Fixed streams.

If you get a cannot watch current show it`s down to licensing issues with Itv and the media company who holds the rights for that program. Wait for the next one or browse another live channel.

Cheers.
Hi,

thanks a lot!!

good old dependable catchup, gets betterCool
Rainbow 
thanks again Vin.

Updated all five xboxes with this Wink Shame the one in Edinburgh will need to wait until I get the net sorted. Still the rest of the family will get many hours of happy viewing! ;-)
Hi, I am having a bit of a problem with the ITV catchup plugin. I have downloaded the latest plugin from your link and I'm using the latest t3ch release, Beta 2, but whenever I try and play anything it comes up with an error message saying "Playlist playback aborted. Too many consecutive failed items." Is there something I have done wrong?
dan_f14 Wrote:Hi, I am having a bit of a problem with the ITV catchup plugin. I have downloaded the latest plugin from your link and I'm using the latest t3ch release, Beta 2, but whenever I try and play anything it comes up with an error message saying "Playlist playback aborted. Too many consecutive failed items." Is there something I have done wrong?

Yes, I am having the same problem, anyone got the new plugin working?
Hi, I have the same setup as stated, and mine works....
sometimes you do get the error you have stated, but if I go out of the folder
and back in again it solves the problem.

I also think that if the actual itv catchup website is very busy it can give you the same error. Sometime when I choose a program there are no episodes at all displayed, then if I go out of the folder and back in again they appear.
I dont think this is a problem with the plugin itself, I think it is to do with traffic on the actual website. Just my opinion, hope it helps
Hi mine doesnt work :-(

I can browse shows fine and play the first few seconds (or evn up to a minute) then it just stops playing and buffers endlessly.

Sometimes pressing A (pause) after several seconds causes it to continue for a while, but sometimes not

T3CH 06-Oct build
zezayer Wrote:Yes, I am having the same problem, anyone got the new plug-in working?

If you have any firewalls running between your Xbox and the internet disable them and see if it works.

I had this same problem with iplayer for Xbox, I disabled my routers firewall and now all works fine.
Double checked, no adverse firewall rules (my BBC iPlayer plugin doesnt have this problem BTW).
I am using XBMC Atlantis Beta 2 on a Mac running Mac OS X 10.5.5 and while the live channels work fine in this plugin, none of the catchup streams work. I get the same errors reported by other users in this thread.

Also I can report the BBC iPlayer plugin does work fine for me as well.

On a different topic, I am finding that on ITV2 when there is fast movement (e.g. when the camera pans left or right) that the image shows something similar to very bad interlacing.

Note: I have an 8Mbps link so I do not think this is network speed related.
I take it the reasons nobody has done a plugin for Channel 4's & Five's online service is that they probably use Windows DRM?

Correct?

(Thanks for this plugin btw!)

EDIT:

This doesn't work for me...everytime I try to play something it says:

Quote:Playlist playback failed
Too many consecutive failed items
No - regardless of DRM most service provs can be bypassed in some way.

Don`t want to be sued.
Voinage Wrote:No - regardless of DRM most service provs can be bypassed in some way.

Don`t want to be sued.

I take it that ITV and BBC don't mind you using their streams then? or that they are DRM free?

If not then how comes ITV and BBC plugins have been done?

The reason I ask is that I am willing to help someone do a channel 4 & five plugin, its just I don't have time to learn python syntax at the moment (i'm a slow learner).

Thanks for your reply btw Smile - Did you see the edit of my previous post?
if you are not based in the uk you will need to run the plugin with a u.k proxy.

Get one and add it to the xbmc settings network proxy.
Voinage Wrote:if you are not based in the uk you will need to run the plugin with a u.k proxy.

Get one and add it to the xbmc settings network proxy.

If you were talking to me....I AM UK based. In London specifically.

I can view the feeds fine on the ITV website and in a plugin for VMC.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ITV Catchup (Video) Plugin2