• 9(current)
[RELEASE] ITV Catchup (Video) Plugin
Thanks for this. I Was wondering when something like this might come around for ITV
Thanks for fixing this, works great Smile Any way to get a better quality stream ?
I just got this working today, from outside UK. I am using the Tor network to get a UK exit IP. Then using the s/w Proxycap for forwarding certain requests to the TOR network.

I set up the rules to forward certain addresses from XBMC through the TOR network. So only authentication goes through Tor network but the real data comes directly and fast.

Just forward these IP addresses... 63.64.0.0/10:80

Now this might be too wide a net for some people. Tweak accordingly.
thanks very much, all i can give back right now is this link:
http://skipscreen.com/
thanks for keeping the development going on this. keeps the wife happy Wink
ndeshmukh Wrote:I just got this working today, from outside UK. I am using the Tor network to get a UK exit IP. Then using the s/w Proxycap for forwarding certain requests to the TOR network.

I set up the rules to forward certain addresses from XBMC through the TOR network. So only authentication goes through Tor network but the real data comes directly and fast.

Just forward these IP addresses... 63.64.0.0/10:80

Now this might be too wide a net for some people. Tweak accordingly.

ndeshmukh -- Thanks for the info you posted on how to use Proxycap to route through Tor. I used this for iPlayer successfully. However, you've provided a different IP address range for ITVPlayer -- do you have a way of using this ip address range along with the iPlayer address range or do you have to change the information in Proxycap's IP address field each time you switch between iPlayer and ITV Player?

For iPlayer, is you mask value 16? What is it for ITV Player? Thanks again for your research on this.
Well you can add two ranges using two rules in proxycap. It does work then. The problem is that the range for ITV catchup is Akamai's IP ranges. So the moment you do that, Hulu plugin does not work, and your weather plugin data also has some problems.

Yes my mask for Iplayer is 16. I magaed to get iPlayer working only with Limelight. Does not work with Akamai for some reason. The data from Akamai also keep authenticating, and so it does not work unless the data comes over proxy. Strangely that is not the case in ITV catch up plugin.

Also if the developer can put the support for Level 3 in iPlayer, it would be great. HD streams would also work then. From the browser I can watch HD streams, because it seems to default to Level 3 for me. But not from the iPlayer plugin.
And the live streams don't work unless the data comes over the proxy, which is not feasible as there is not enough bandwidth.

BTW the same way you can also make Spotify work too. So I am waiting for XBMC Spotify plugin.
ndeshmukh Wrote:Well you can add two ranges using two rules in proxycap. It does work then. The problem is that the range for ITV catchup is Akamai's IP ranges. So the moment you do that, Hulu plugin does not work, and your weather plugin data also has some problems.

Yes my mask for Iplayer is 16. I magaed to get iPlayer working only with Limelight. Does not work with Akamai for some reason. The data from Akamai also keep authenticating, and so it does not work unless the data comes over proxy. Strangely that is not the case in ITV catch up plugin.

Also if the developer can put the support for Level 3 in iPlayer, it would be great. HD streams would also work then. From the browser I can watch HD streams, because it seems to default to Level 3 for me. But not from the iPlayer plugin.
And the live streams don't work unless the data comes over the proxy, which is not feasible as there is not enough bandwidth.

BTW the same way you can also make Spotify work too. So I am waiting for XBMC Spotify plugin.

Thanks so much for the additional info -- I was wondering why about a third of the iPlayer streams wouldn't play -- switching from auto to Limelight seems to have fixed that. I am able to view HD streams without any difficulty -- just can't view the live streams except for BBC News and BBC Parliament.

I'll play with ITV Player tonight. Thx!
Thanks for the working script!
Hi,

Can anybody tell me what changes in this addon's code are needed to enable proxy support for all connections going to port 80 of some url? Basically trying to get it to work through proxy. If I set a general proxy for XBMC for all urls for port 80 then this plugin works for me. Authentication happens through the proxy on port 80 connections, an dthe real data comes on port 1935 directly bypassing proxy. But when I do that my Hulu addon thinks I am outside US and it does not work. So can I add something in this addon's code to make its connections to port 80 go through the proxyserver?
Hi, does this plugin work for Dharma 2?

I have tried to put the .ZIP File onto a memory stick and to install this onto XBMC Live 9.11 beta 2 and to no avail.

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated
myksterx Wrote:Hi, does this plugin work for Dharma 2?

I would be very interested in this too. Suggestion: if development of this plugin is still active, how about uploading it to the Addon repository?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51575 is still being developed (which does the same thing and more), although here isn't Dharma version yet.
Targettio Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=51575 is still being developed (which does the same thing and more), although here isn't Dharma version yet.

Fantastic. Please try to get it into the Dharma repositories when the next verison is available? FYI: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Off...Repository
I think my fixed ITV thingy is an addon. Should work on both old and new XBMC versions.

MB
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] ITV Catchup (Video) Plugin2