Why isn't Movies & TV Shows in separate databases ?
I'm sure there's a valid reason Cool

But from looking at the databases it seems to me that the tables needed for Movies and TV shows are different. Wouldn't it make sense to break them out to separate databases ? I tried searching the forum but couldn't find this discussion anywhere. Before DB support for TV Shows was added there was a long thread titled 'I want a "My TV section (with a separate database)'... but we still have MyVideos34.db for all video content...

Would it make sense to break them out into completely separate databases ?
Not IMO, no. Why have multiple db's when one does the trick just as well?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

jmarshall Wrote:Not IMO, no. Why have multiple db's when one does the trick just as well?

Wouldn't it be more efficient for people with large databases? By that, I mean, wouldn't the Movies and TV Shows libraries load faster if they had separate databases since they would be smaller?
smcnally75 Wrote:Wouldn't it be more efficient for people with large databases? By that, I mean, wouldn't the Movies and TV Shows libraries load faster if they had separate databases since they would be smaller?

This was my thought. It would also make it easier to maintain, in my opinion. I'm a bit of an outsider since I still haven't fully adapted the TV Show library (the lack of classification possibilities like 'current', 'ended series' etc. is a show stopper for me) but I keep playing with the TV library to get used to it. It would be nice to be able to nuke the TV library by simply deleting MyTV.db...
i know that when i'm trying to update my library because i added a few movies, it takes forever because it goes through the tv shows too. it'd be nice if they were separate in that regard.
they share tables so it isnt an option without alot of redesign with no gains whatsoever in return.

if you want to remove your tv stuff only, simply set the content of whatever path you assigned tvshows content to none and answer yes to the question....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Why isn't Movies & TV Shows in separate databases ?0