iMac questions
Do you know if there's someway to get sound out of the iMac speakers while optical out is hooked up to my receiver? I've heard that as soon as you plug anything into the optical out the sound is cut by hardware, and not software which will make it impossible to have playback on both the iMac and the receiver, is that true?

Also, it's a pain that you can't put the display to sleep while watching a movie on your external monitor, is that something that might be added to XBMC for OSX?
To blank out the imac screen:

Choose --> Settings/Appearance/Screen and then enable Display Blanking
Doesn't seem to be working though Sad
did you quit and restart?
doh! Smile
Why no edit function?

Anyway, would be nice with some sort of screensaver function for the main screen instead of blanking, if I need to use the computer during the movie I have to close XBMC, not that ideal.
We're still on v0.4.5 give it time :-)
I'm a lurker, not a fighter!
intelligence Wrote:Also, it's a pain that you can't put the display to sleep while watching a movie on your external monitor, is that something that might be added to XBMC for OSX?

You will need to NOT mirror the monitors. You can change it is system preferences > displays > arrangement.

Then you can choose to blank the monitor that is NOT running XBMC in XBMC settings.

As for using the iMac while running XBMC, the same applies as above. You can use the displays independent of each other when set up to NOT mirror. You do NOT have to quit XBMC to use main or secondary display(depending on which you have XBMC running on, obviously).
24" iMac aluminum(late 2007) 2.4GHz C2D 4GB RAM Radeon HD2600
Mac Mini(early 2008) 2.0GHz C2D 2GB RAM Intel GMA 950
Macbook (late 2007) 2.16Ghz C2D 4GB RAM Intel GMA 950
But if the display is blanked out, it's blanked out, it won't come out of sleep until you close XBMC.

I don't have my monitors set up as mirrors of eachother.

XBMC starts up on my external monitor, and when it does, my main screen goes blank (with blanking activated) and cannot be used.

And concering the audio issue, while using the computer for regular work such as surfing/itunes etc, I want the sound to come from the iMac, but when I start XBMC I want the sound to be sent to receiver and the speakers it's hooked up with. Is that even possible?

Here's a thread about the internal/external speaker "issue", http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa...ID=5650618
Do you guys have any experience of watching 1080p on an iMac 24" itself?

Can you tell me how good it is?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iMac questions0