Video playback White?
Hello I am willing to use XBMC instead of Mediaportal, I installed all last version, everythings work great but when i want to play a video, the sound goes to trough the amp in ac3, but i still get a with image instead of the movie, help please.

I also want to install the lastest ffmpeg with the cabac patch but i don't know where to put it. thanks in advance

And great "Thank You" to the xbmc community, i'm glad to redisvorer it on anotheer platform Smile
If you want to install the cabac patch : copy the dll files to <XBMCdirectory>\XBMC\system\players\dvdplayer

For the white image have you tried to play with your settings (vertical sync, resolution, etc ..) ??
It does the same for me, under Vista and rev12881, playing all my videos in black&white only. I've tried everything (almost) regarding resolution, sync, etc... every movie i play is only b&w. Any ideeas ?

P.S. What does the cabac patch does ? Smile
Thanks Slash for the answer.

The cabac patch helps decoding H264 high profile videos.

But for black and white video, do a research on the forum, do not use the directx version of xbmc (XBMC-pc.exe) this version is only for skinning purpose, use only the opengl/sdl one (xbmc.exe)

For my problem, with all videos, I Have a white screen or a black one, this does not depend on resolution or options...I tried also a bunch of drivers for my video card, no matter what, does not change anythings :'(

Menus appears correctly but when I tried to read a video, I have a black or white screen with nothing but when I look at the frame rate the video seems to be played (cpu occupation high, some frames drops with high bitrate videos) etc...

My setup:

Intel Mac mini:
Windows Xp Pro SP2
Intel T7200 @ 2ghz
1 go DDR2
Intel GMA 950 (last driver for intel) 256mo shared
Sigmatel Sound card

Thanks in advance.
The black and white playback seems to be related to the T3CH build :

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=649629
I use the latest T3CH build (XBMC-SVN_2008-05-04_rev12881-T3CH), no b/w issues.
I tried other svn release and i have the same problem, I also tried different drivers for the gma.... and nothing... I get a black image or a white image with sound... :'(
Installed T3ch SVN rev12881and last XBMC build.
Can't replicate the B/W issue you are having.
My hw : P4 3.2Ghz
RAm : 1Gb
GPU : NVIDIA 7600 GT
Any message in the logs? can you play the file in WMP ?
slash Wrote:Installed T3ch SVN rev12881and last XBMC build.
Can't replicate the B/W issue you are having.
My hw : P4 3.2Ghz
RAm : 1Gb
GPU : NVIDIA 7600 GT
Any message in the logs? can you play the file in WMP ?

I've been following this tread for a little while and I think that there's some kind of misunderstanding here. I don't think Sensei is referring to actual Black & White playback (as in lack of color), rather he's not getting any video at all, just a black or a white screen where there should be a video.

I have the same problem as well. I have access to many PC around the company with different video solutions, and put XBMC on many of them. XBMC works fine on any nVidia based machines (Geforce 4 mx4000 all the way up to GeForce 8800GT).

It also works on ATI, sort of, but video is scrambled and you get green blocks and such and most Radeon cards. I read somewhere that there is a patch for it, but I haven't tried it yet.

I also tried it on many Intel integrated solutions with everything from 855G chipsets (Intel Extreme graphics 2), to G31 (GMA X3100).

It works OK on GMA x3100 (965G, G31 & G33), as long as you use one of the latest drivers, but does not work on GMA 900 or GMA 950. I tried it on many motherboards, and notebooks with the 945G chipset and all I get is either a black screen or a white screen. The video actually plays, because I can hear the audio. I can also bring up the OSD menu and shuttle the movie back and forth, change zoom options and rendering options, but I never see any actual video.

So this is a real problem. There are thousands of notebooks and systems with GMA 950 out there that could benefit from getting this working.

Oh, before someone says that GMA950 does not have some feature or is not capable of video playback in XBMC, may I point you to the XBMC for Mac OSX which works just fine on the Mac Minis with 945G chipsets (GMA950). So it's doable, it just doesn't currently work on the Win32 version of it.

I'm not a programmer or anything, but I'm sure someone out there is and can probably fix this (someone from the Mac or Linux branch perhaps?).Huh
Dudeman--> you're right. Sorry for my bad english.

As I said the video seems to play but i get a whole black screen or a whole white screen.
And all files i've tested worked fine in WMP.
Dudeman Wrote:It also works on ATI, sort of, but video is scrambled and you get green blocks and such and most Radeon cards. I read somewhere that there is a patch for it, but I haven't tried it yet.

For ATI you have to use the oldest OpenGL drivers you can find.

here is also some info about this topic: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...TI+drivers
sensei73 Wrote:Hello I am willing to use XBMC instead of Mediaportal, I installed all last version, everythings work great but when i want to play a video, the sound goes to trough the amp in ac3, but i still get a with image instead of the movie, help please.

I also want to install the lastest ffmpeg with the cabac patch but i don't know where to put it. thanks in advance

And great "Thank You" to the xbmc community, i'm glad to redisvorer it on anotheer platform Smile

Had the same issue, in my case was a problem with the Intel video drivers. The problem started after I updated to the latest version on Windows Update (7.14.10.1409).

I did a manual rollback to the previous version (7.14.10.1295), and the video started working again.
my solution is to press the play button a 2nd time an the DVD menu appears ... after 3 day's of reinstalling windows, drivers.

win xp
xbmc 8.10
mb intel 845
Nvidea GF 4 MX

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video playback White?0