GSoC 2018 - Interested in the Static code analysis project
Sir/ma'am

I am Aditya Gupta, a 3rd-year student at Indian Institute of Information Technology, Gwalior, India with major in Information Technology. I’m interested in working on Kodi’s addon checker idea during GSoC.

Email:- [email protected]

Goal:- improvement in Kodi's add-on checker.

Summary:- to enable static code analysis and to include python3 support.

How can I achieve this: By using tools such as Pylint or pyflakes and integrate it using Codacy.

Benefits:- Safer and faster acceptance and reviews for the official Kodi add-on repositories

Regarding these questions in the link  https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=328448

1. Tell us about the computer(s) and devices you have available for working on your SoC project?
I have a laptop(Intel Core i7-5500U CPU @ 2.4GHz ) with 8 GB RAM.

2. When did you first start programming?
In 2014 to be exact, in my high school, it was in Java language.

3. Are you a user of Kodi? When did you first start using it?
I have not used Kodi. I will use it soon.

4. Have you contributed to other Open Source projects? If so, which projects and can we see some of your code?
Yes, I have contributed to some Open Source projects, including xbmc/addon-check.
my work can be seen on my GitHub profile: https://github.com/AdityaGupta030697 

5. What sorts of programming projects have you done on your own time?
I have developed some Android, Web as well as Python Applications, webPages using flask and course projects using PHP. I have uploaded most of them to my Github profile mentioned above.

6. How much time do you have available, and how would you plan to use it?
In summer, starting from the second week of May till July 27th. I will be having all day free. It will be divided into self-study and project’s work.

7. Do you plan to have a job or study during the summer in conjunction with Summer of Code?
No, I do not intend to work or study during the summer.

Requirements: Python
Possible mentors: Razzeee
Welcome, nice to have you Smile

Can you elaborate why you think Codacy would be a good fit?
Sir,
While I was more familiar with Codacy, Sonarcloud can also be used for the same purpose
According to me, Codeacy has the following features:-

1: All of its features are available for Open Source projects.
2: Code review automation.
3: Code quality analytics.
4: Security code analysis.
5: Cluster installation/multiple instances.
6: One of Codacy’s best features is the “per-commit strategy.” Codacy triggered an analysis for every commit of the repository. It even analyzes the past commits of the repository to draw the tendencies over time. For each commit, we can see the evolution of the quality and number of created/deleted issues.
7: The dashboard is clean and really easy to use.

Regards
Aditya
I think there are multiple problems. Can we isolate codacy to only run on certain folders of the repo? Dynamically switching between them, depending on the PR?
Sir,
I looked into the documentation for Codacy as well as SonarQube and found that for excluding specific folders we have to make changes in the configuration file.
While I'm still figuring out what to do in case we want to dynamically switch between these folders,
I Guess we have to change the config file according to the PR.
Otherwise we Will have to use pylint and modify it accordingly.

Regards 
Aditya
We need to switch dynamically between every PR Smile
Sir,
Any suggestions from your side?

Regards
Aditya

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GSoC 2018 - Interested in the Static code analysis project0