• 2(current)
XBMC for Windows, installer test, rev 12882
I have UAC enabled, and it wasn't triggered, so Jared is probably correct - there needs to be some sort of routine that triggers a UAC clearance before the installer runs. I did confirm that right clicking and running the installer as admin worked, so it's definitely a UAC thing.
For some reason I am having problems with the voice volume while using XBMC (Windows version) to play iso's and avi's with AC3. The background sounds and music is extremely loud but I can barely hear anyone talk. However, when I play these files on VLC player, there are no issues, dialog is clear and audible. Can someone help me out on this? Thanks a lot in advance.
funkdr_1999 Wrote:For some reason I am having problems with the voice volume while using XBMC (Windows version) to play iso's and avi's with AC3. The background sounds and music is extremely loud but I can barely hear anyone talk. However, when I play these files on VLC player, there are no issues, dialog is clear and audible. Can someone help me out on this? Thanks a lot in advance.

funkdr,

This is off-topic for this thread.

Please try starting your own thread in the Windows user section. Be advised, though, that there is no official support yet.

-Wes
Thx for this glimpse of good things to come.

Is there any way to properly bug report that we are supposed to follow?
Good to see an installer! Sadly the build doesn't function at all for me so I just reverted to an older one and it works again.

But please keep up the good work Smile
One of the things I've noticed on the new build is the option to choose a scaling method. This option is available both in the Settings/Video and by bringing up the OSD/Video Options during playback.

In the Main settings menu there is one extra option "Lanczos" that is not available during playback in the OSD options.

Nevertheless, regardless of which option I choose (or where I choose it from), I don't see any difference in the image quality.

I tried the same experiment on the Mac version of XBMC and the image quality changes are instantly visible, especially from "Nearest Neighbor" to "Bicubic".

Are these functions impelmented yet Huh?

Something else on the new build is that VOB Subs actually "show on screen"... sort of. On a couple of movies I have with VOB subs, I now get the occasional random sub appearing. Not every sub is shown, just here and there, but before there was nothing. This seems to be a problem shared with the Mac version.

Last but not least, GMA950 does not work. You only get a black backgournd or a white background during movie playback. You get audio, but no video. This problems is already being discussed in another thread.Sad
Hi,

First off all, installer works great, i never installed XBMC before so with no experience with the program i installed it with this installer without any problem.
Everything as far as i tried works great accept the high cpu usage (100%)
My laptop is a HP NC6120, maybe thats a bit light for XBMC however Mediaportal only takes 30 %.
See the other thread about high cpu usage. Could be related to the graphics driver but just a guess.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
thanks mate, came in handy after a format. having one problem though, when i open a certain folder in my music collection xbmc closes. I have about 380 albums in that folder, someone else describe a similar problem here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33051
thanks mate Smile
Assuming the thread is only about the installer and not the revision, everything worked great. I'd recommend in future updates including a brief read-me on the UAC issue until you or somebody figures out how to automatically start the administrator mode install.

Beyond that, everything was awesome. Now if only networking, dhcp, audio, my MCE remote, etc. instantly worked. Keep up the good work, guys. As a beggar who cannot be a chooser, I want to say thanks for the already huge improvement that's been made.
It occurs to me that some pretty big Vista related problems could exist with XBMC installing to its current paths. In particular, unless XBMC runs as in administrator mode, it could have a great deal of difficulty adding any new folders or files in the userdata folder.

The obvious solution to this issue (that comes with the added benefit of matching the other branches, from what I understand) is to move the userdata folder, along with any other user accessed folders OUT of the Program Files folder and perhaps into the user or public folder of Windows. I don't know the first thing about doing something like that, but it certainly seems like an idea. This would further allow us lowly users to easily install the advancedsettings.xml, as well as skins such as AEON. Also, it could help make future updating simpler, as many of the folders that never really need updating could remain pristine.

Um. Just a suggestion.
Why not just take ownership over the XBMC folder with your normal user account ?
Because taking ownership requires a person to either set up an administrator account, which isn't the automatic windows default, or accept the fact that they're going to have to hit annoying warning buttons over and over.

Unless you are talking about something else that I know nothing about, which is entirely possible.
I haven't really tested it, but right clicking on the folder, then going to the security tab (hope it is called that way, only have a german windows here) and then giving the user the permission to change files should do the trick. XBMC then has all the rights to change in the folder whatever it wants to change when run with that user account.
Good call. That worked. I was having trouble with windows uninstaller working, and that fixed the uninstall too.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, installer test, rev 128820