• 3(current)
XBMC for Windows, installer test, rev 12882
wow this worked great for me in xp. I can even play bladerunner 1080p h264 mkv on my 2GHz core 2 duo. perfecto
uncola Wrote:wow this worked great for me in xp. I can even play bladerunner 1080p h264 mkv on my 2GHz core 2 duo. perfecto
Huh with no frames lost? On a 2GHz? Have you tried the birds killer sample?
First off thank you for the installer Big Grin

I am having some problems getting XBMC running though, I tried the installer (ran through with no errors). But when I try and launch XBMC or XBMC (windowed) I receive an error immediately and a text file is created under my local settings in a temp folder. The text file is named (random characters)_appcompat.txt and contains xml code for a database. (I can post the code here if someone wants to see what I mean). I tried an uninstall (reboot) and reinstall and am still having the same issue.

My machine is a a 2.0g ghz Athlon, with an ATI all in Wonder 9600 and the account has administrator rights, running XP pro with SP2

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestion?

cheers,

Zed
First i have to say... S W E E T !
Ive been using XBMC for my xbox since the first versions came out and it just have been soo good!

Anyway the installer worked perfectly im using Windows XP SP3 no problems there.

Ive tried some regular xvid both from file and .rar files worked great.. sometimes in some movies at the end it said "BUFFERING" and XBMC froze up Smile

I also tried some 720p 1080p (mkv files) and they worked perfect, but i got the feeling they where "slow" somehow.

My spec is
Intel Core2Duo E6600 with 2gb ram and GeForce 7900GT

But keep up the good work!
Ah, XBMC how you have grown!

It's so comforting to know the best app for xbox is now on Windows. It's still in Beta, and it is the best of all the Media Center apps available!

I installed the package, everything seemed to run pretty nice although. Here's a quick rundown:

-I had to manually set the resolution upon first load. 1080ps played soso, better than I thought would for a beta app (a bit choppy at points, 1 or 2 of my mkvs also appeared "scrambled" screen.

-Movie db and TV dv grabbing info seemed ok.

-Weather function wouldn't switch of of the the default Germany even though I set it to my local zip.

-UI was beautiful, no skipping, smooth transitions

-Running process xbmc.exe wasn't hijacking memory like others reported

-File manager, or any dialog looking at drives caused xbmc to crash

-HDD temp and sys info not working

-When playing 4:3 video on widescreen resolution, videos look odd when faded on the Home screen (Black bar on right, not faded like rleft side)
(maybe shift them to the right a bit, or fade it like the left side

Will report more later, I have a feeling I will be up all night playing with this!

Hardware:
-intel e6750 Core 2 Duo
-4gb Ram
-nivida 8800GTX
-680i evga mobo
Jedi, did you get networking working? if so, how?
No, I did not, although I did not mess around with it much last night. I will test that portion of it out later today, when I get home from work.
The network settings are currently without effect/not implemented in the win32 build. XBMC however uses the default interface so networking is working Laugh
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:The network settings are currently without effect/not implemented in the win32 build. XBMC however uses the default interface so networking is working Laugh

Some features works with the network, but i doesn't seems to get the SMB file-sharing to work.. :confused2:
sprite Wrote:Some features works with the network, but i doesn't seems to get the SMB file-sharing to work.. :confused2:
Search for other threads related to smb.
Searching for shares isn't working but if you put in the IP and the share name you are able to work with smb.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
WiSo Wrote:Search for other threads related to smb.
Searching for shares isn't working but if you put in the IP and the share name you are able to work with smb.

Ah, guess i have gotten a little spoiled with XBMC for my xbox Smile

But thanks for the info! Keep up the good work!!
If you mount the network share as a disk on the PC you are runing then you can find it in add sources as a disk drive. Don't need smb in that case, anyway worked for me
Is the windowed mode that comes in the start menu suppose to work?

It just goes fullscreen for me.
This installer is great! Worked fine on one of my PC's but crashes on a new pc that I've just installed windows on. It wont start. Is there something else I need to install for it to work?
molesza Wrote:This installer is great! Worked fine on one of my PC's but crashes on a new pc that I've just installed windows on. It wont start. Is there something else I need to install for it to work?

Have you updated your Video card drivers?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC for Windows, installer test, rev 128820