• 4(current)
XBrunzMC PocketPC remote control for XBMC
I was about to post some comments on .6 when I saw you uploaded .7

A quick test though revealed a few more bugs then .6

The OSD button in .6 and .7 causes a crash. The Info button for movies, music is now causing a crash in .7 - worked in .6. Didn't try it with Pictures.

The 'Play Now" button also crashes in this latest version.

BTW, this button's function is to show what is currently playing, yet the title gives the user the impression that it's to be used to start playing. Perhaps the text of the button should be changed to "Now Playing". If the text is too long then maybe a icon can be used instead.

I still get kicked back to the main screen occassionaly. For example selecting a movie to play can cause the app to go back to the main screen while the movie loads. Sometimes it evens disconnects me.

System Info and Power Off worked as expected.

A feature I'd like to see

- Remember whether a user has selected 'File" or 'Library" view. Currently the app reverts to 'File" view - I guess it's the default.

Thanks

Iris Nod
Roku M1001 v3.0.49 beta | R1000 v3.0.44
XBMC v8.1 PROPER
NAS: Maxtor SS+ v2.6.2-openmss1-rc2
Linux Server: Firefly svn-1586-1 mipsel pkg
Router: Linksys WRT54GS
MediaMonkey v3.0.0.1081 | VisualMR on iPAQ
thanks for your test, Iris.
I haven't this bug, so I need that you respond to any questions...
What crash...xbmc or xbrunzmc, if you click on info button or OSD button?
Which PDA are you using?
In 0.7 version I have only add the messages, that it use alphablend, and it required more memory, perhaps this is.

For the kicked back to main screen is because the xbmc don't response within 3 seconds, I can increase the timeout, and for "play now" you are right, I change it, my english is very bad Smile

bye
Brunz
Hi,

I tried this. But I keep getting the message "Disconnected" on the pda.
My pda is connected via wifi, I can ping the pda from the xbmc pc.
PDA : HTC P3600 (trinity) WM 6.1
PC : Ubuntu 8.10 / xbmc installed via ppa,

http server enabled and I can open http://xbmc-pc:8080 from my pda.

Any ideas ?
I have a Touch HD. will XbrunzMC work with the VGA Version? The HD has 480x800.
And when will the VGA-Version be available?
BHeremans Wrote:Hi,

I tried this. But I keep getting the message "Disconnected" on the pda.
My pda is connected via wifi, I can ping the pda from the xbmc pc.
PDA : HTC P3600 (trinity) WM 6.1
PC : Ubuntu 8.10 / xbmc installed via ppa,

http server enabled and I can open http://xbmc-pc:8080 from my pda.

Any ideas ?

In IP-xbmc try to insert "ipxbmc:8080".
ex: xbmc-pc:8080
strikegun Wrote:I have a Touch HD. will XbrunzMC work with the VGA Version? The HD has 480x800.
And when will the VGA-Version be available?

Between 1 hour I release the VGA version, but for 640X480 resolution, you can try it.
Bye
Hello, here you can download the XBrunzMC VGA version (640X480).

http://www.orciatico.it/xbrunzmc/xbrunzmc2.1VGA-0.7.rar

Weather anso here don't work, I will see in future... for now, I would like to eliminate all bugs.

good testing
Brunz
Brunz Wrote:In IP-xbmc try to insert "ipxbmc:8080".
ex: xbmc-pc:8080

Thanks adding the port worked. Nice apllication!
Looks like PPC 2003 SE doesn't like the AlphaBlending... *sigh*

Time to get a new device I guess Smile
Brunz Wrote:What crash...xbmc or xbrunzmc, if you click on info button or OSD button?
The xbrunzmc app crashes. XBMC is fine. OSD button in .6 - both in .7
Quote:Which PDA are you using?
I'm using HP's iPAQ hx2490b running Windows CE 5.0
Quote:In 0.7 version I have only add the messages, that it use alphablend, and it required more memory, perhaps this is.
Prior to version .7 the only problem was with the OSD button. It would bring up the on screen display but then xbrunz would crashes immediately thereafter.

Did you update the DLL file too in .7 - it look the same size so I think I didn't sync it with the iPAQ!

Iris
XBMC v8.1 PROPER
Iris Wrote:The xbrunzmc app crashes. XBMC is fine. OSD button in .6 - both in .7

I'm using HP's iPAQ hx2490b running Windows CE 5.0

Prior to version .7 the only problem was with the OSD button. It would bring up the on screen display but then xbrunz would crashes immediately thereafter.

Did you update the DLL file too in .7 - it look the same size so I think I didn't sync it with the iPAQ!

Iris

I found OSD problem, and I fix it in next version.
Your PDa have 64mb of ram, so it's ok....but I don't understabd the other problems of the 0.7 version,
Please, you try to close the other applications in background for increase free memory, and if it don't resolve the problems, I try to remove or make a light version of message and we try with it

No, I haven't update the library.

thanks
Brunz
Well, I just reinstalled and perhaps I had the wrong DLL as Xbrunz isn't crashing now when the INFO button is pressed. The OSD crash though is still happening - wasn't expecting it not to after you said you found it.

Sorry for the wild goose chase. Blush

Another little thing I noticed is that for example the Movie list in Library mode is sorting all movies prefixed with the word 'The' in the T's. This is different then the way XBMC is sorting them - essentially ignoring the prefix. Is that something that can be changed.

I would like to see the timeout userconfigurable alongside the i.p. and stored in settings. A hard coded timeout might not help those with more than one XBMC. Just a thought....

Iris
XBMC v8.1 PROPER
Iris Wrote:Well, I just reinstalled and perhaps I had the wrong DLL as Xbrunz isn't crashing now when the INFO button is pressed. The OSD crash though is still happening - wasn't expecting it not to after you said you found it.

Sorry for the wild goose chase. Blush

Another little thing I noticed is that for example the Movie list in Library mode is sorting all movies prefixed with the word 'The' in the T's. This is different then the way XBMC is sorting them - essentially ignoring the prefix. Is that something that can be changed.

I would like to see the timeout userconfigurable alongside the i.p. and stored in settings. A hard coded timeout might not help those with more than one XBMC. Just a thought....

Iris

I found OSD problems, but I haven't release no new version...Big Grin so it's difficult that the "OSD problem" is solved.
No all timeout will userconfigurable, maybe the general timeout, but I will try to manage the timeout, dynamically

bye
Brunz
Thanks, working very well for me. I'm loving the progress you are making with this!
Wow! This is awesome! Big Grin

I had a other app before but it was pretty simple... This one rocks!

Looking forward 2 updates of this! Nod
(I'm running it on a HTC Diamond with no problems, so far)

Big Thanx!
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBrunzMC PocketPC remote control for XBMC3