Solved Media Library not scraping one TV show
Exclamation 
Howdy.

I've been setting up my medial library using meidaelch to create nfo files for all my media (scraping from theTVDB). I have one show that is scraped in mediaelch, has nfo files created but when I try to add it to my library the show appears with no episodes. 

Things I've tried:
Each filename is in the correct format, specifically "Name S01E02.ext" inside a folder with the same name.
I've tried scraping directly from theTVDB within Kodi - no dice
I've tried scraping using .nfo only - no dice
I've removed the content and re-added it as well as rebuild the library a couple of times

Checking the error log I get a generic "failed to scan tv show" error.

Mediaelch is scraping from the same source and can find the data, and the nfo files already exist so I'm thinking it has something to do with the software, but I'm at a loss. the only weird thing is that these episodes are all downloaded directly from the source (rifftrax) rather than being a dvd rip or similar, which most of my library is. There's also a mix of m4v and mpg filetypes, which I haven't tried to convert yet, because that would be a significant undertaking. The only other unique thing about this show is that it has 3 digit episode numbers in some cases (hundreds of episodes per season) and I'm afraid that might be the sticking point. Thanks for any help!
There might be a problem with the NFO that was created. Kodi uses a NFO file if one is available so if you set Kodi to use TVDB and there is a NFO file in the directory it will use that.

I just created a dummy files with the naming of “RIFFTRAX-S01E01” and they were added correctly assuming this is the show that you wanted
https://www.thetvdb.com/?id=102531&tab=series

**EDIT**
if you read the previous change disregard it
@kevsaund

Please provide the debug log which captures you trying to scrape the show. Ensure you have enabled debug mode, and have restarted Kodi first.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
@Av3nged I've remade the nfo files a couple times while I was making sure the filename was correct, and the problem persisted. But I'm happy to try again.

@Karellen  My debug log is at http://ix.io/14gD

Also, thanks for the help!
Thanks. There is a lot of shows in there. Can you tell me which one specifically is failing to scrape.

---Edit---
On second glance I note you have Local information only scraper set. This prevents any online look ups, so the nfo files need to be correct.

The few shows there that are not scraped have this notice... No NFO file found

Can you post a the tvshow.nfo and also an episode nfo to pastebin and link back here.

Click NFO Files in My Signature below for information on correct nfo usage.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
The show I care about is Rifftrax, the others aren't scraping because they have episodes that don't exist in the TVDB, but I haven't manually made their nfos yet. 

I've rerun the same steps with the TVDB as a scraper and no pre-generated nfos, debug log here: http://ix.io/14rE

Pastbin of the nfos that MediaElch generated
https://pastebin.com/ENxyaC1D (tvshow.nfo)
https://pastebin.com/VhQp2ivA (randomly chosen episode)
Hi.

I've had a similar problem and I resolved it by renaming the directory and the show episodes in accordance with the name by which it was listed in the TVDB database (which I checked manually).

The convention I use is:
- folder name is "Show_name"
- there are subfolders named "Season 01", "Season 02" etc.
- in each "season" subfolder I have "Show_name.E01S01.mkv" etc.
- I don't use any .nfo files whatsoever

The problem was that the original show name (in foreign language) couldn't be found in the TVDB database, so I had to rename the folder and video files from "Show_name" to whatever it was called in English (of course, matching the TVDB entry).

Not sure if this is the problem in your case, but maybe it's worth a try.
Hello @mario74m

There are a few things I have spotted, but which one is the cause of the failure is not known...

1. Your tvshow.nfo is missing data, and has been populated with the now defunct API 1.0 <episodeguide> url
2. No nfo file is found by the scanner according to your log. This can mean either one does not exist, or it is in the wrong location or the file contents are not recognised by the scanner
3. Use of Local Info Only. Not normally a problem, unless the nfo files are a problem as stated in 2. above
4. As the scanner has already marked the folder as scanned, it won't see the unchanged contents again

So, why not try the following... hopefully it works
  1. Remove the Rifftrax folder out of the Source. Remove the library entry out of Kodi. Run a clean library
  2. Move the Rifftrax folder back into the Source
  3. Remove the nfo files out of the folder. (don't skip this step)
  4. Set your scraper to TVDB instead of local info (what version scraper do you have installed?)
  5. Restart Kodi
  6. Scrape the show.
Let us know if it scrapes into the library. If yes, then there is a problem with the nfo files and I am guessing a combination of problems 1 & 3 above.
My Signature
Looks like that did the trick, thanks so much!
Thread marked solved.
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Library not scraping one TV show0