Some questions about XBMC on Mac... (Can't think off a better threadtitle :( ))
Hi guys!

I'm a big fan of the original XBMC on the old Xbox. As many of you I want to play HD-Material. I recently tried the Linux-Port on my PC, but ist didn't work very well due to my crappy hardware.

I like the whole "Mac-Concept" and so I am thinking about to buy an Mac. Afaik the MacMini won't play 1080p at high bitrates.

And so there are a couple of questions:

Will the iMac (2,4ghz) work?

Is there an uncomplicated way of watching the movies on my LCD and using my AV-Receiver for sound? (Turning the iMac on and starting XBMC is not the problem, I was thinking of plug in/out cables everytime... would be horrible for me... Sad )

Will XBMC work on Leopard?

Thank all of you for any helpful answer. Nod
OMG... i'm so stupid... @ threadtitle... Angry
Ok, XBMC is working on Leopard. ^^°
Yes, Yes and Yes.

Oh; and Yes to the stupid title Tongue
My Mac mini is plugged into my TV and only my TV. It is running 24/7 and I can access it easily be remote with out having to jiggle wires. As long as you have a free HDMI port on your TV/Receiver you will be fine.
I'm using a 24" 2.4Ghz iMac connected to a 50" plasma via DVI to HDMI cable for video and toslink (with adaptor) cable connected to my receiver for sound. This setup works great. I bought the cable and adaptor from mycablemart.com. They have excellent cables at excellent prices (I don't work for them). You may also need to get DisplayConfigX or SwitchResX to work out any resolution issues with the TV.

I still get some dropped frames, but it is usually (but not always) at the beginning of the movie. Not sure if my settings are correct, but I have tried several and still get dropped frames.

If and when Apple updates the Mac Mini, it should be able to handle 1080p at higher bit rates.
cooper Wrote:If and when Apple updates the Mac Mini, it should be able to handle 1080p at higher bit rates.

So the actual 2,4Ghz-iMac with 2gig Ram isn't able to handle 1080p-Material proper?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some questions about XBMC on Mac... (Can't think off a better threadtitle :( ))0