What's new in Apple Remote Keybindings in XBMC for Mac
Hi all, I must be a real wacko b/c I cannot for the life of me figure out how to navigate to the EXIT button or how to switch on the Visualizer (while playing a song)...

Seems that I cannot get the "cursor" to go to those buttons via the apple TV remote.

Any help for this ? Smile

Thanks.
hrmm when i hold down 'menu' i don't get anything when browsing my movies. any ideas? i'm trying to access the contextual menus and stuff.

I'm using atv 2.2 with xbmc beta 1 on horizon's aeon mod
turbinez Wrote:hrmm when i hold down 'menu' i don't get anything when browsing my movies. any ideas? i'm trying to access the contextual menus and stuff.

I'm using atv 2.2 with xbmc beta 1 on horizon's aeon mod

me too im using ATVusb creator 1.0b3 with xbmc atlantis beta 1
but apple remote only has 6 functions, because the hold button feature doesnt work, also usb keyboards and USB mce reciever dont work either.. very hard to use xbmc with only 6 functions keys..
I am using Beta 2 with 2.1 and holding down menu for context menu in files view does not work for me either Sad
deano72 Wrote:I am using Beta 2 with 2.1 and holding down menu for context menu in files view does not work for me either Sad

As it's been stated before holding down play for context menu does not work in any AppleTV OS prior to 2.2. To get holding down play for context menu, you need to be running under AppleTV update 2.2

EDIT: Opps, thanks to d4rk for a cluestick. It's "play hold" NOT "menu hold", correcting the above post.
davilla, you meant holding down the Play button for context menu, right?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Please read and follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, please make sure you read this first.

cheers.....now that is my dilemma......should I update to 2.2?
I will lose my sapphire,nito,and files then? LOL oh what to do.
deano72 Wrote:cheers.....now that is my dilemma......should I update to 2.2?
I will lose my sapphire,nito,and files then? LOL oh what to do.

I went for it and I have to admit just getting the context menu has been worth it. Putting Nito back on wasn't too hard even though it's not 100% yet with 2.2 (I was able to use its smart installer to get AFP running and some other things). And it looks like Sapphire might be right around the corner as I see a lot of activity on its Trac. No word on ATVFiles though...
Yep. I just went for it too. The context menu alone is worth it
when i press x it stops the movie but how do i exit full screen to get back to the menu to play other movies? delete?
Im so stuck

mac Mini
XBMC

I have edited the keymap.xml file in both
/Library/Application Support/XBMC/System and
/Library/Application Support/XBMC/Userdata

It says the following under both global and movies
<joystick name="Apple Remote">
<button id="3">Left</button>
<button id="4">Right</button>
<button id="1">Up</button>
<button id="2">Down</button>
<button id="5">Select</button>
<button id="6">PreviousMenu</button>
<button id="9">Left</button>
<button id="10">Right</button>
<button id="7">ScrollUp</button>
<button id="8">ScrollDown</button>
<button id="12">ContextMenu</button>
<button id="11">ContextMenu</button>
</joystick>

But no matter what I do, I cannot get the CONTEXTAL MENU up when in the video or browse movie mode by keeping the menu button pressed..

help!!
I am having a difficult time with the apple remote and music on my ATV2.2. I have the new version of XBMC Atlantis installed, and for the most part, everything works great. However, when playing music, unless I allow the Visualization to come up and use the Visualization OSD, I cannot figure out how to pause, or stop music. Any help here would be great as the shortest time that I can set the Visualization to come up is 1 min.
bpierce815 Wrote:I am having a difficult time with the apple remote and music on my ATV2.2. I have the new version of XBMC Atlantis installed, and for the most part, everything works great. However, when playing music, unless I allow the Visualization to come up and use the Visualization OSD, I cannot figure out how to pause, or stop music. Any help here would be great as the shortest time that I can set the Visualization to come up is 1 min.

Try this Keymap, http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=235...stcount=38
I rearranged a few things to make it a bit easier for me when using for music etc.
My Apple TV did the autoupdate last week and when it went to 2.3 it broke the XBMC install, so I did a factory restore and then used the patchstick to reinstall everything, and for some reason the remote configuration seems to be different - in fullscreen playback, up and down change the volume instead skipping forward or back 10%, and instead of menu bringing up the menu, it keeps the audio playing but drops the screen back to the folder view.

Any ideas?
Dr JonboyG Wrote:My Apple TV did the autoupdate last week and when it went to 2.3 it broke the XBMC install, so I did a factory restore and then used the patchstick to reinstall everything, and for some reason the remote configuration seems to be different - in fullscreen playback, up and down change the volume instead skipping forward or back 10%, and instead of menu bringing up the menu, it keeps the audio playing but drops the screen back to the folder view.

Any ideas?

It's the Keymap.xml file that it has loaded.
You can use the one in my post above yours for the way I like it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What's new in Apple Remote Keybindings in XBMC for Mac1